Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Critique Mark Zuckerburg's Wedding Outfit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mlongano, May 20, 2012.

1. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Everyone hates on FB for being over valued but Amazon has an even higher PE and no one hates on them.

2. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

It's daylight, outdoors, and the bride is wearing a sleeveless dress. I don't see why he should have to wear a tuxedo. That said he should do his tie up. Maybe he bought the wrong size shirt, maybe he thinks it's cool, but it reads a little half-hearted, which is not, I think, what most brides would want.

3. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior member

Dashaansafin didn't go that way. His argument was: "this is his wedding. He should be wearing a [@#!] tux."

People can marry in hawaiian shirts or in mongolian traditional attire if they please. Who can say otherwise?

4. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Well, you aren't supposed to wear a tux during the day, so I think he did the right thing here. He could have always gone with a British Morning Suit, but I don't think anyone in the US wears those.

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

You guys really have Zuckerberg on the ropes now...you've really demoralized him with expert clothing commentary.

Who will deliver the fatal blow by saying he needs a pocket square to make his fit pop?

6. Viral

Viral Senior member

It's all relative - he looks better than her................she's not attractive IMO nor is her outfit.

End of the day, counting his billions will occupy more of his time than worrying about nit-pickers and haters on SF.

Last edited: May 22, 2012

7. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Face it: It is done more often than not in America.

8. stant62

stant62 Senior member

Agree with the comments about no tuxedo. Looks like a day wedding and the (lounge) suit is perfectly appropriate, maybe a solid grey or morning coat would be more ideal - I think the problem here is the unbuttoned tie look, skinny tie (IMO glen plaid or houndstooth), and what appears to be a casual black leather belt... he's probably wearing square-toed shoes too or his Adidas slippers.

9. gort

gort Senior member

The problem is he looks like he doesn't care. On his wedding day you'd think he would want to look his best. Lebron James is proof of a guy with boat loads of money who can pay to have a stylist help dress him. Why Zuck couldn't do the same on his wedding day of all days.....who knows.

10. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

That doesn't mean it looks good. The black of the tux tends to look washed out when worn during the day. Also, just because a lot of people make this mistake doesn't mean it is OK. A lot of grooms and groomsmen wear high vests with their tuxedos as well, which completely ruins the look that the tuxedo produces.

I can't stand the unbuttoned tie look. I see people do it all the time in NYC, even in the morning before the day has even really begun. Is it really that hard to leave the top button fasted with the tie pushed all the way up?

11. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I don't know about you, but counting to 18 doesn't take a lot of my time.

12. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I want to thank both of you for introducing a new phrase.

It's possible that Zuckerberg cannot wear a necktie with buttoned shirt collar because it was been done before by others...

[​IMG]

...raising the potential of IP infringement.

Last edited: May 22, 2012

13. stant62

stant62 Senior member

Probably poorly-fitted shirts at the neck contributes to the discomfort of wearing a tie up. I will admit I let the button undone come 7pm at the office.

14. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I get doing this at the end of the day or on the ride home, but I suspect there are hoards of people who don't bother buttoning it in the first place. These are people who otherwise seem to dress well, in well-fitting quality suits (probably in the > $1000 range), to proper shoes, shirt and tie.

15. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

Any suggestions on how he go about it?