• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cream and Off White: What clothing items do you wear in this color?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of like Cream but am unsure where to best use it? Thoughts?

I'm medium complexion, brownish blonde hair/ blue/green eyes. Wash Out?
I've been thinking of a sweater etc?

So where do you like to use Cream colored items?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Today I wore cream flannel pants. I have an off white duppioni silk suit on order. Occasionally I sport a natural linen color pocket square. I would wear a cream colored scarf. Cashmere sweaters.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Generally I reserve cream/off white for summer - linen jackets, tropical weight wool and cotton suits, shirts, etc.

In winter, I would consider (but don't currently own) a jumper, an overcoat or a scarf. The DB Loro Piana overcoat kitonbrioni posted a pic of truly rocks, for instance.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the combination. Best on me when I've got some sun
on me.
I have a white Robert Talbott tie with larger scale lime green polkadots -I think it looks good on a white shirt against a dark navy suit - for those lectures on Pop art
smile.gif

The walls in my house are cream colored.
As a color versions of cream /white are under -rated or just overlooked, its warm and inviting.

Stark white to me is very modern, THE modern color in fact.

If you are considering it -having seen some of your other posts, I'd bank that you could pull it together.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream white is one of my favorite colors.

I think cream white can be used very nicely even in the winter. I usually wear the color in casual clothes like odd tousers, sweaters, sportsjackets. Of course it works nice in accessories like scarves and squares too.

I am thinking of getting a DB suit and linen jacket in cream white for the spring/summer season too.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i got some white jeans and cotton linin pants and i just like mixing them up with light knits or polo in the summer! but i wuld never do all white people might think i am gonna play cricket or morris dancing or other silly things!

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4d6roza.jpg

Ignore the Boss (overpriced crap)
But the Look seems solid.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
This thread makes me realize that I would love to have some cream-colored flannel pants, go for the whole Oxford-Cambridge cricket player look... preferably pleated and with the ability to have them cuffed.

Anyone know of any suppliers that won't break the bank?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some suede cole haan bluchers in this color, entitled "milkshake suede", so its a couple steps whiter than "camel", maybe like a richer "stone". hard to describe the color. I have a similar complexion to that Boss model reclining two posts above (blonde with green eyes, a "person of palor") and when I found a cashmere sweater to match the shoes, it didnt work for me. It made me look like I wasn't wearing a shirt at all.

I ended up just getting a light khaki woven D-ring belt to match the shoes and I wear them with jeans and a grey shirt on weekends when I have to leave the house in the daytime. You'd think something so neutral would be easy as pie to work into an outfit, but until I found that belt, they seemed totally useless to me.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a very slim fitting cream cashmere sweater that I wear often. I wear it with a black t-shirt underneath so the black neckline is visible and provides some nice visual contrast. I like to pair it with dark denim, vintage brown leather boots, and will often times throw a modern dark navy 2-button double-vented slim fit jacket on top.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
4d6roza.jpg

Ignore the Boss (overpriced crap)
But the Look seems solid.

Cream is one of my favorite colors for turtle neck sweaters, especially under sports jackets.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads