• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
so you are going to stop watching the show right?
i guarantee you wont.
you know who had the same problem...the Sopranos not one redeeming character on the whole show,didt really matter great show.
This show is starting to develop a problem. None of the major characters have any redeeming qualities anymore. There is no one to pull for, no one to like.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
so you are going to stop watching the show right?
i guarantee you wont.
you know who had the same problem...the Sopranos not one redeeming character on the whole show,didt really matter great show.
This show is starting to develop a problem. None of the major characters have any redeeming qualities anymore. There is no one to pull for, no one to like.

Tony was imminently likable and had several redeeming qualities. I just pull him out as he was the main character. What made the Sopranos interesting was that most characters were a mix of good and bad, human and fiend. Walt's only human part left is his love of his kids and Skylar and the Skylar part is getting creepy.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
some would argue that this is the most important of all redeeming human qualities.
anyway my point is you WILL continue watching so your point is kinda moot.
Tony was imminently likable and had several redeeming qualities. I just pull him out as he was the main character. What made the Sopranos interesting was that most characters were a mix of good and bad, human and fiend. Walt's only human part left is his love of his kids and Skylar and the Skylar part is getting creepy.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
also i would want to add that jessie has a lot of redeemable qualities,as he proved by saving the chicks life tonight and giving walt the only birthday gift he received.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your "point" has to do with what I said. The show is supposed to wrap up at the end of the season, so yeah, odds are good I'll finish it out. My point stands as some people, me for instance, will be less satisfied with all the major characters being unlikeable. Also, as I just said, his love for Skylar has become rather creepy.

I noticed you backed right off what you said about the Sopranos, so there goes that point.

I'm not going to argue, as basically I do not really care what you think, but IMO writers run into leaving a bad taste in many viewers mouths when their main guy stops being their main guy. Look what Teacher just said above. He's feeling something along what I said too.

some would argue that this is the most important of all redeeming human qualities.
anyway my point is you WILL continue watching so your point is kinda moot.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree with you...at this point. Walt is trying to be Tony Montana. However, I think about the flash-forward from the season's cold open, and it makes me wonder how long it'll be before he gets this fiction of his slapped outta him. You have to admit: for a writing team that's been consistantly so good at handling human nature thus far to just transform him into a one-dimensional dick and leave him like that would be unthinkably lazy. He's enjoying his day in the New Mexico sun, but I don't think it'll last

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Teach, hope you're right. They need to resolved that tension between him and Skylar too...without Walt having her killed, locked up, etc.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
okay lets look at the Sopranos.
whats so different about Walt and Tony?
as a matter of fact Tony Sopranos is the first time a bad guy was the guy we rooted for on a tv series paving the way for assholes like House and serial killers like Dexter and wait for it...WALT.
look it up.
my point about your point is taht as usual you are talking out of your ass,you claim you cant root for the guy anymore so somehow the show is less enjoyable?
why?
they dont have to be mutually exclusive.
i will wager that at the end of the show you will be VERY satisfied because you were entertained with good writing,doesnt have to be morally correct writing as long as its good writing.
lol,you are watching a show about drug drealers.you want happy ending go watch ER

I'm not sure what your "point" has to do with what I said. The show is supposed to wrap up at the end of the season, so yeah, odds are good I'll finish it out. My point stands as some people, me for instance, will be less satisfied with all the major characters being unlikeable. Also, as I just said, his love for Skylar has become rather creepy.
I noticed you backed right off what you said about the Sopranos, so there goes that point.
I'm not going to argue, as basically I do not really care what you think, but IMO writers run into leaving a bad taste in many viewers mouths when their main guy stops being their main guy. Look what Teacher just said above. He's feeling something along what I said too.

Last edited:

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ps I noticed you backed right off what i said about JESSIE, so there goes that point.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

okay lets look at the Sopranos.
whats so different about Walt and Tony?
as a matter of fact Tony Sopranos is the first time a bad guy was the guy we rooted for on a tv series paving the way for assholes like House and serial killers like Dexterand wait for it...WALT.
look it up. 
my point about your point is taht as usual you are talking out of your ass,you claim you cant root for the guy anymore so somehow the show is less enjoyable?
why?
they dont have to be mutually exclusive.
i will wager that at the end of the show you will be VERY satisfied because you were entertained with good writing,doesnt have to be morally correct writing as long as its good writing.
lol,you are watching a show about drug drealers.you want happy ending go watch ER   

You are trying very hard to turn this into a fight and I'm here to tell you I won't let it happen.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Teach, hope you're right. They need to resolved that tension between him and Skylar too...without Walt having her killed, locked up, etc.

I hope you're right regarding Skylar, but in an interview, Gilligan said Walt will do something in episode 5 (?) that made even him lose his sympathy for Walt. If Walt does do something to her and the team still manages to make us care about what happens (without necessarily LIKING Walt), that will be one hell of a feat.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nope. Walt was a desperate underdog, dying of cancer, trying to provide for his family. It's been a long journey but a journey it's been.

Exactly. What would be the point of him staying that way? The character has evolved, he has gone form underdog to kingpin. I think most people that would go thru such a transformation as a drug dealer would be the same way.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like so much has happened in the one year since Walt was diagnosed. I mean, we knew the timeline with the flash forward but I guess seeing that they placed the current season one year after his diagnosis made me say "Damn!"

RE: Piob's first post, I think that is probably what they are going for with this season. Walt is unraveling, and there can't be a happy ending for his character. Vince Gilligan has pretty much said that.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads