• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Costume National City suits vs City Slim-fit

fredrik80

Reaction score
Are there two kinds of CN cuts for the City-line suits? Regular and Slim-fit? I saw some on yoox that had "Costume National City - Slim fit" on the sleeve tags, i've only seen suits with "City" on the label before.
Are these even more slim cut?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
I don't know the difference, but the Costume National City suits I ordered from Yoox were canvased. The pants were very low rise and button fly though so I returned it. The jacket was cut nicely though.

fredrik80

Reaction score
Did you get your regular size in that suit? No sizing up needed? Was it a model available on Yoox now (autumn winter selection) ?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
It was a black 2-button 100% wool suit that is part of Yoox F/W 2007. I would refrain from sizing down. I am a EU48 in many brands but the EU50 in Costume National City fit me very well.

fredrik80

Reaction score
The models on yoox wear a EU 48 if that helps, so i guess they usually wear a 48 or 50 if the size is available for the item

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
I just received a Costume National suit from Yoox that is not labeled as a City suite at all. Just straight up "Costume National Homme". The suit is fused. Does anyone have any input on the differences between all these? Are some of them specific to certain markets? Diffusion lines?

Thanks,
Dan

RyanM

Reaction score
I just ordered a CN suit from yoox, which should arrive monday. im pretty sure its not CNC (or at least it doesnt say it is on yoox), from what i understand cnc is the diffusion line and is much cheaper...

but wait, some people are saying the CNC suits are canvassed, while the regular CN is fused?

RyanM

Reaction score
yoox has the following categories:

- C'N'C COSTUME NATIONAL FOR DUCATI
- C'N'C' COSTUME NATIONAL
- COSTUME NATIONAL
- COSTUME NATIONAL HOMME

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
CNC is a diffusion line of sorts (though still quite pricey). These items are clearly marked as such on Yoox. The City suits are part of the regular Costume National line and every suit that I've seen that is labeled City is canvassed. The suit I received is labeled simply Costume National Homme and it is fused.

So my question is what is this suit that I received as compared to a 'city' suit? I'm thinking it's from the European market.

Anyone know?

Dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics