• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at R&B, Mitchell Gold but eventually settled for the Bantam sofa

God I have a lighting obsession. I just bought a Nesso lamp for my master bedroom. I don`t even have the shelf to place it on yet

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with that sofa, but Room & Board has some options that are cheaper and made in the US:

I don't know what's going on. I was just going to poast the same exact poast. My only caveat was to look up the suspension system for R&B and see who the maker is. The one from C&B looks like it has a sinuous suspension system a la Modernica, but I'm sure Modernica's would be better. A red flag for me for the C&B one is "hardwood legs" without listing what type of wood it is.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the C&B sofas, but also nothing worthy of serious discussion (I just need to stay on brand: forgive me ole buddy).

brokencycle

Reaction score
Brilliant. I like a number of their sofas! Thanks so much!!!

I have the Reese in a leather sectional, and I'm quite happy with it. It sits higher than some other brands which for me is a plus, but noteworthy when picking coffee tables and the like.

I don't know what's going on. I was just going to poast the same exact poast. My only caveat was to look up the suspension system for R&B and see who the maker is. The one from C&B looks like it has a sinuous suspension system a la Modernica, but I'm sure Modernica's would be better. A red flag for me for the C&B one is "hardwood legs" without listing what type of wood it is.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the C&B sofas, but also nothing worthy of serious discussion (I just need to stay on brand: forgive me ole buddy).

I don't know which is scarier that fact or you managed to go a post without jerking off foo.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Reese in a leather sectional, and I'm quite happy with it. It sits higher than some other brands which for me is a plus, but noteworthy when picking coffee tables and the like.

I don't know which is scarier that fact or you managed to go a post without jerking off foo.
I like the reese quite a bit. That may be the winner all in all.

Thank you !!

Bronze Age Sartorial

Reaction score
I an thinking of buying this sofa for my home office/Library.

Given the conversation about silverware here, I am going to regret this, however I am looking for comments, thoughts, alternatives and Ideas.

Yes it is is from Crate and barrel. Yes it isn't actually a piece that some famous guy designed on the back of a bar napkin, No it isn't going into a museum of some sort, it is going to be sat on , laid on, used, quite possibly sex might even be had on it. So suggestions, if any, need to bear that in mind, it is a piece for use. I do enjoy the midcentury aesthetic and there are a few mid century pieces mixed into the room currently (Namely the kardiel protractor Jr Desk in Walnut)

Thanks in advance!

Interior Define has some decent options on sale atm...

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is it too soon to say that the only design element I care about in a fork is that it will pick up my food, transfer said food to my mouth, and will last for decades?
I am skeptical of this assertion.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Poasters are seriously upping their game. I'm losing my edge.

I was going to tear Foo down for what I perceived to be a glaring misinterpretation of Nietzsche, but then he punted the ball way down field by making an implied reference to Nietzsche's critique on causality, committing me to countless man-hours to win a victory nobody would appreciate or understand. I demurred. Though I did get in a good one with dog with my Arj Barker joke, but I'm guessing only Atlas got that one and he didn't even chuckle.

Now, BC comes out with this porcupine attack of "jerking off foo." A lesser poaster would have said "jerking off to foo," which would have been easily requited. No, this would take about two hours to prove by algebra it isn't entirely true.

The troll is getting trolled
The centre cannot hold
What rough beast slouches on the Piob chair?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neat option! Thanks so much.

I have the joybird eliot:

Its...fine. I like the fabric I chose, but its developed a little bit of a creak at times and I've had the tufting come undone multiple times (not hard to tie back on but...wtf?). Certainly not worth full price, but not a terrible option if you want to order swatches and have your pick of 100 different fabrics but still stay in the same price range as C&B.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Poasters are seriously upping their game. I'm losing my edge.

I was going to tear Foo down for what I perceived to be a glaring misinterpretation of Nietzsche, but then he punted the ball way down field by making an implied reference to Nietzsche's critique on causality, committing me to countless man-hours to win a victory nobody would appreciate or understand. I demurred. Though I did get in a good one with dog with my Arj Barker joke, but I'm guessing only Atlas got that one and he didn't even chuckle.

Now, BC comes out with this porcupine attack of "jerking off foo." A lesser poaster would have said "jerking off to foo," which would have been easily requited. No, this would take about two hours to prove by algebra it isn't entirely true.

The troll is getting trolled
The centre cannot hold
What rough beast slouches on the Piob chair?

1615174547367.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads