• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Columbus Ohio, and good bars?

joegrec

Reaction score
I'll be heading to Columbus OH this coming Saturday.

Are there any good bars/restaurants that we can go to?

royskeen

Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WJSESQ
Rigsby's in the Short North area.
Last couple of meals I had there were pretty average. Perhaps it was just the dishes I ordered. Northstar is good. Thurman's for a great burger. G. Michael's in German Village is apparently phenomenal but I haven't been there yet (hopefully in June!). If you like live jazz check out Dick's Den. A divey spot with great local acts almost every night.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My info may be slightly out of date. I know Handke's closed
frown.gif
I believe L'antibes is still in business and quite good.... seriously, it's great, go there... but if you want other ideas: Thurmann's for a long wait and a great burger and some beers. Lindey's M by Cameron Mitchell (or Mitchell's Steak house) My knowledge of the bar scene there consists of parking lots, anymore... and there's no football game, so I can't help you too much.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a long post with links and everything, but I accidentally refreshed and erased everything :-(

but here's the short list:

Bars:
-Surly Girl Saloon
-Bodega (50 beers on tap!)
-Betty's
-Tip Top (heard about both this and Betty's from friends, heard good things about both)

Food:
-Thurman's
-Northstar Cafe
-Marcella's (might get flack for this, but I enjoy the fettucine + meatball there)
-Jeni's (excellent ice cream. everyone raves about the salty caramel, but i'm a bigger fan of the honey vanilla bean. some of the flavors you have to taste to believe)

Shopping:
-Milk Bar (streetwear, APCs, Capital E's)
-Tigertree (Fred Perry, toms, etc.)
-Sole Classics (sneakers/t shirts + bomber jackets)
-Brigade (heard good things... like W+H !!)

have fun in columbus!

Cavalier

Reaction score
This Saturday is "O-Gee" a dance party thrown by Milk Bar (our local denim boutique) at Due Amici... old school hip hop, always fun.

Don't bother checking out any clothes stores besides Milk Bar, Tiger Tree and Brigade.

joegrec

Reaction score
Quick report on the trip to Columbus.

The trip was mainly to catch a soccer game. (Columbus Crew vs Tronto FC) Toronto lost
frown.gif

We where going to stay at the Hyatt on Captol. But when we went to check in they had given away every room even though I had prepaid for both the rooms. So they refunded my money and booked me into a suite at the residence inn 2 blocks down for free.

Anyway we where very inpressed by Columbus. It a pretty nice city (not counting the neighbourhood surround Crew stadium). We headed down to Short North and checked out some of the bars/restaurants in the area. We decieded on Bodega. The food was pretty good and the beer selection was amazing. Anyway Columbus is definately a place I would visit again.

joegrec

Reaction score
No unfortunately not. The line up when we drove by was huge. Probably 50 people still standing our side the store.

We drove by later (around 11pm) and the line had died down considerably but we where stuffed from supper and decieded against it.

Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I just saw Jeni's featured on a Food Network special about their spicey flavor ice cream. Made me remember this thread.

Did OP check it out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics