• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colts release Marvin Harrison..... Crap.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
^ What are you a Ravens fan or a Redskin fan?? It must suck not to be associated with a dynasty!!

That dynasty's a long time gone, evidenced by how you like the idea of Vick-to-Harrison. Hey, maybe Pat White-to-Laverneus Coles could get you to the playoffs!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
2 things:

1. Following that logic, one would also discount Jerry Rice's achievements as more than half of his yardage came with Joe Montana as the QB. But, you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn't think Rice is the most accomplished, if not the best WR ever.

2. Before Reggie Wayne's transformation into a Pro Bowl receiver in 2004, the Colts did not have another receiver even near Harrison's caliber. That period accounts for 8 years out of Harrison's (thus far) 13 years career.

Good points. I do think Rice is the best WR of all time. He was blessed by having a two of the top 5 QBs of all time throwing to him. Although Harrison has been in the League since 96, he didn't do anything until 99. Manning's second season in. Also helping was the fact that when they had James at RB that took pressure off the WR position.

I think in the end he's going to come in in the top 5, but you have to realize he only won one Superbowl.

The other thing I like about Rice and Irvin to a certain extent is their YAC yardage amounts were alway very good. Harrison just catches touchdown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads