• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing Styles in Alfie

Andrew

Reaction score
I just saw the recent remake of the film Alfie starring Jude Law today, and I must say I liked many of the outfits he wore throughout the movie. He wears a lot of dark colored slim cut suits, shirts in solid colors, and skinny ties.. kind of GQ inspired but still a nice change to the usual movie wardrobes. The movie wasn't all that bad either, despite some of the bad reviews i read. What do you all think about it?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome movie. He mentioned that the first black suit he wore was Gucci, but I'm not sure about that pinstripe one he wore often in the rest of the film. That pink shirt had a rectangular black label, so I'm guessing Prada...the label looked a little too big to be Armani Black Label, but it's a possiblity.

I liked the movie a lot, and want to shape my life in some aspects to his - but obviously not in other ways.

Andrew

Reaction score
Yea I really liked the cut of his suit pants and jackets, there is absolutely nothing close to that I can buy in my town... He also mentioned "I dont care that im ruining my prada laceups" when he was splashing through the water.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Wife and I saw it last night. Great example of a guy who is "true to his style". They really fitted Mr. Law out in suits that flattered him. Very skinny ties. A great look for that character, and it is now hard for me to picture another contemporary actor in that role, I really think he nailed it...and I am not much of a Jude Law fan.

No one has mentioned the scarves yet, and that was one thing that I really liked about his look. I hardly get to wear them in my climate. Probably this one will look dated in a few years, like the original with Michael Caine, but yes, a very stylish movie.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think he wore his jackets too tight. He was probably a 38 and was wearing a 36. Did you notice his arms bulging out his shoulders? THe shoulders were way too narrow for him. For the most part, however, I did enjoy his clothing. All two-button, which is cool with me.

water

Reaction score
I definitely noticed a couple of Paul Smith shoe boxes when the camera showed his closet.

I thought his clothes looked ace. The only thing I did not really like were the skinny ties and resulting minuscule knots. That is not to say they looked out of place with the character's style, just a personal preference for thicker knots.

I really liked the equation of the pink shirt and confident masculinity. The missus got a good chuckle out of that as she was not too sure when I started wearing them.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I definitely noticed a couple of Paul Smith shoe boxes when the camera showed his closet.

I noticed this too.

I DREADED seeing this movie (my girlfriends wanted to watch it and dragged me along) as it was marketed as a total chick flick but I actually enjoyed it. It seemed like the actual story line was more directed towards men than it was towards women.

jester

Reaction score
I DREADED seeing this movie (my girlfriends wanted to watch it and dragged me along)...
Girlfriends, plural? OK, I want to know what you have in your closet.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Haha, yea, well, I wouldn't want to say just "friends dragged me..." cause that might imply something odd about it...
smile.gif

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Almost forgot, Alfie also had Polaroids taped to the outside of his shoe boxes that showed their contents. Oh, to have so many pairs that this would be necessary.

petescolari

Reaction score
Here's an interesting link re: the pink shirt from Alfie. Â I remember seeing something in GQ or Esquire about 6 months ago on this shirt while they were making the movie and the clothes involved. Â I was racking my brain all day trying to remember who made it. Â God bless Google. In short, it is Boateng according to this column. http://www.cinemareview.com/production.asp?prodid=2758 BTW, the movie is awful. Â I'll defer movie comments to the entertainment section.

1Dgaf

Reaction score
I think it's terrible you lot discussing this film without cussing in relation to the original. What's more, I suggest that the original Alfie, Michael Caine, was a sharper dresser than Jude Law.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I think it's terrible you lot discussing this film without cussing in relation to the original. What's more, I suggest that the original Alfie, Michael Caine, was a sharper dresser than Jude Law.
The original movie did not just come out a few days ago, which is why this one is under discussion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads