• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Newberry

Reaction score

Hello SF. I can get $40 off any pair of Desert Boots that I want. I've been wanting to get some for the spring and summer. The only colors I dont like are the Maple and Sand ones lol. Problem is that I'm not sure which ones to get. In the pic above is my casual boot collection right now. What color/style do you guys think would look good with with the ones I have right now. Beeswax? Well I have alot of dark brown boots (plus beeswax Desert Mali Boots). Oakwood? I hear the suede can get messed up easily and that it's better to stick to leather. Any suggestions? I'll mostly be wearing them with dark jeans, maybe chinos once in a while, OCBD shirts, v-neck tees and henleys. Thank.

Newberry

Reaction score

Anybody know how to take this cake stain off these Clarks Suede Desert Boots?

Chad Andreo

Reaction score
Hi, I own a pair of Clark Desert Boots in Beeswax and every technique I have tried to clean, restore and protect them ends up with the boots becoming darker than its original Color.
Does anyone know of a way to clean and condition/restores these boots while retaining the Beeswax brown color?
I own Lexol cleaner and conditioner, leather honey and leather lotion.

Nayyyyy

Reaction score
That color is really attractive.

Anything currently out that approximates this?

Those look like a pair of Clars X Horween burgundy DBs. I know ~1 months ago END Clothing had a restock, sadly I just checked their website now, and it appears they've all sold out.

Perhaps drop them an email and ask if they're going to have another re-stock any-time soon?

ThatAardvark

Reaction score
Not exactly the right thread but does anyone know what the deal is with the higher topped Weaver boots? Are those discontinued forever and they only sell the low ones now?

Padmore and Barnes has the P700 boot which is the same, but I can't find any of their stockists besides END, which has no stock of the color I want.

Last edited:

Newberry

Reaction score

Thanks. I used the suede brush and it got most of it off. Its good enough though. Also I'd rather wear Clarks Originals with the Clarks tag on. Thanks though.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I was a young buck like some of you guys, I wore desert boots. I think it was for less than $12. 95. I loved those DBs to the death in spite the lousy fit. I would still wear them if they came in a double wide width. Anyone know of a look alike that comes in that wide a width.

Sotiros

Reaction score
Hey Newberry! I have the Oakwood Suede pair of desert boots and have used Jason Markk Shoe Cleaner on them about 3 times. It's worked great and with a little bit of elbow grease it even can make the crepe look new again! If you purchase the Jason Markk kit it I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you purchase the premium hog hair bristle brush from Jason Markk with it also, I think it's an additional $15 but is well worth it. The standard brush that comes with the Jason Markk Premium shoe cleaner kit has plastic bristles, and it'll make the suede look beat up but does work great for cleaning the sole! I will let you know that the suede on my boots didn't look beat, per se, but they did look a little more aged after the cleaning. But that may have been from the year of wear I didn't notice under the layer of dirt that collected on them during that year.

Another option for you would be to buy a suede brush and a suede eraser. Jason Markk makes just a kit and I've heard great things about it. Your boots don't look entirely dirty so the eraser and brush may work perfectly for you.

I can take a photo of how my boots look now if you like to show you the suede. If you wanna see Jason Markk themselves clean some suede with their premium cleaner, click here.

Newberry

Reaction score

Hey Newberry! I have the Oakwood Suede pair of desert boots and have used Jason Markk Shoe Cleaner on them about 3 times. It's worked great and with a little bit of elbow grease it even can make the crepe look new again! If you purchase the Jason Markk kit it I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you purchase the premium hog hair bristle brush from Jason Markk with it also, I think it's an additional $15 but is well worth it. The standard brush that comes with the Jason Markk Premium shoe cleaner kit has plastic bristles, and it'll make the suede look beat up but does work great for cleaning the sole! I will let you know that the suede on my boots didn't look beat, per se, but they did look a little more aged after the cleaning. But that may have been from the year of wear I didn't notice under the layer of dirt that collected on them during that year.

Another option for you would be to buy a suede brush and a suede eraser. Jason Markk makes just a kit and I've heard great things about it. Your boots don't look entirely dirty so the eraser and brush may work perfectly for you.

I can take a photo of how my boots look now if you like to show you the suede. If you wanna see Jason Markk themselves clean some suede with their premium cleaner, click here.

Thank you. I have Oakwood desert boots too and other suede shoes. I bought the kit and love it!

WiktorK

Reaction score
Hi,

I just ordered and today received my first pair of Desert Boots. I ordered the beeswax colored shoe. But I must ask maybe a stupid question.

After just trying the shoes on inside my apartment, I got this light areas on the leather, as you can see on the picture.
This hot me really confused and wondering if it should be that way? Will the whole shoe become lighter colored during time so the difference will not be visible?

Just to clairfy that I of course did untie the shoes before putting them on and off. And they are not to small, they are almost a sizeto big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads