• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Samir

Reaction score
Hate the stock laces on the Beeswax. Anyone have any recommendations for nicer replacements?

gastarbeider

Reaction score

i would want to get beeswax desert mali but only 8.5us available at the moment. I've tried on desert boot in size 8.5us, the length is fine but the width seems kinda snug. Just would want to know whether do beeswax stretch? I'm pretty stuck here whether should i get it. btw, I'm size 9 for chuck taylor all star.

no need to put your clark's in the freezer.

wear some thin socks, and walk in them.

after a few days, they won't be snug anymore.

photo1_zpsd8c45f4c.jpg

photo2_zps07196a36.jpg

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a joke, right? Clarks in the freezer?

How about wearing no/thin socks to stretch them out? Or maybe just keep wearing them in general? Or sizing up?

Damn. Clarks DBs, that serious life.

marfarn

Reaction score
whats the best tip for waterproofing desert boots?
my pair are in beeswax leather and I'm sick of getting prune toes every time it rains! hahahah
cheers :)

aperson

Reaction score
The standard kiwi silicone stuff works pretty well. They'll still get damp if you really soak them, but they'll repel rain just fine.

jmaudi0

Reaction score

Fontane

Reaction score
Just came across the Clarks Desert Boots and want a pair badly.

Thing is, I'm leaving for Europe next week and will be traveling around Germany for about six weeks until beginning of December. I don't expect to hit much snow, if at all, but it will be the cloudy/rainy season there.

Is it a bad idea to sport the Clark DBs in Europe during this time of year? I'm looking for some kind of non-tennis shoe that is versatile enough to use for sightseeing, but also for nights out when I want to look good with a pair of designer jeans.

Welcome any recommendations. Thanks guys.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would happily wear my DBs across europe.

They felt funny for like the first day or two but have been super comfy for the rest of their lives up until now (I think the sole has worn so thin that there isn't much shock absorbtion anymore).

iAmSofaKing

Reaction score
I know they arent DB but how would you recommend sizing on Clarks Wallabees boots?

i sized down .5 on my Clarks Jinks ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads