• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap Watch (under $400)

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I misplace watches about every two years, so I've given up on having really nice ones. Anyone have recommendations for a nice, silver watch for around $300 - $400? I know the price is low, but I really don't trust myself to not lose a watch anymore.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hamilton?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Gees, SF has been even buggier than normal this week. Have tried to respond a few times.

Anyway, sorry, left out details. Prefer a metallic band, automatic. I already have a nice dress watch that I keep in my dresser at home and only wear for really nice occasions (and have still managed to lose it once, but found it). Need a watch for my everyday wardrobe, which is suits or buttondowns during the day, and polos at night.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Diver-.../dp/B0006AAS4M

51BgFybFmoL._AA280_.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get vintage or new Seiko automatics.

They are practically unseen, everyone seems to have either a Kenneth Cole watch or a horrible Tag Heuer lookalike made by tommy hilfiger.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Invicta - yuck
eek.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hamilton Jazzmaster is available at Amazon for $325 or so. Nice watch. Some of the Stowa watches are in that range as well.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I owuld throw Hamilton Khaki on bracelet in the mix as well. Definitely in your price range. Maybe $100 above that is the more attractive Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT (pretty cool watch IMO)

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Stowa Antea is around 300 iirc. Lots of nice Seiko at that price range, too. For expensive looks but dirt cheap prices, there is also Alpha. Citizen also has some nice timepieces. While tempting, I won't mention vintage, if there is a good possibility it may be lost
wink.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I bought a brand new Oris automatic dress watch

has a gold bezel and white face with black croc embossed strap for $350 on

bernardwatch

it is a great watch i will post up photos soon, but they dont have that watch anymore. Just some strange looking Oris .

Norcaltransplant also has this watch. He can also attest to the beauty of this Oris.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Hamilton Jazzmaster is available at Amazon for $325 or so. Nice watch. Some of the Stowa watches are in that range as well.

I just looked and saw a really cheap one ($258), but it was the quartz model, not the automatic, if that makes a difference to you at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads