• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cheap alternative to Common Projects?

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That reminds me, there are the "New Editions" that are planned to be released later this year.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

svensson
Also made in italy and on the same sole as CPs, I think.

these are some nice looking kicks, too bad they are only slightly cheaper than CP's (considering you can usually get CP's for a discounted price if you are patient)

Xan7hos

Reaction score
Veja x French Trotters or some of the Veja Indigenos series...pretty clean lines + eco friendly and worker friendly shoes. I purchased a camel suede indigenos mid-top from Hickorees when it was on sale for ~$100 shipped

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
does anyone know anything more about the New Editions (by Common Projects)? as in, their pricepoint or when they'll be released?

at first i didn't like the NEs that much, but they've sort of grown on me, esp since i've been looking for a cheap, truly minimalist cotton shoe.

i think <$100 would be about right for the NEs, considering that the sole seems glued to the upper

steviecakes

Reaction score
I can't get behind $150 for a canvas shoe shoe with a glued sole. I'm sure the quality/construction far exceeds converse/vans/keds, but at that price a cupsole or a leather upper would be nice.

I'm really not feeling the silhouette of the Asos Black hi-tops posted.

I'm a fan of these Supras. Most of their offerings are quite tacky but every now and then they have a sneaker I'd wear.
6974470.jpg

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone know of a black sneaker with gum sole, like the perforated achilles?

Keds royal pro:

Great responses so far! When I have time, I'll put them together in the first post. Would be great to get quality feedback on the swedish versions.

ac_slater

Reaction score
Only problem with vans is the whole structure of the shoe is different. Yeah the colorway is on point but the toe and lacing is all off.

Last edited:

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
some vans & 'vans california' are OK, esp when the cost is factored in, but like all cheap shoes they are branded all-over in an obnoxious way and most are over-designed as a means of distracting or compensating for the poor materials & construction

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads