• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt shirts

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with charles tyrwhitt non iron shirts?

I just got a catalog offering shirts at $39.50 when usually 140ish.

For a point of reference, BB non iron slim fit are ideal shirts for me; so if they're close in quality this would be a deal.

Thanks!

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
It's not the non iron that offends. It's the 50th CT post in the last month.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm.......some good deals there.

For the money, you can't go wrong. CT slim fit will be similar in fit to BB slim fit.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
hmmmmm.......some good deals there.

For the money, you cab't go wrong. CT slim fit will be similar in fit to BB slim fit.

My catalogue had four for $200 so they are discounting them even more now. Free postage until Feb 14th so fill your boots if you like them.

bjornb17

Reaction score
As i mentioned in the last 5 threads this week (one of which I started!), they are in my opinion the best shirts for the money. I very much prefer them over brooks brothers, because of better fit, styles, choice of button or french cuffs, no breast pocket (i hate pockets), and overall great price for the quality of product. I would not hesitate to buy them.

I get compliments whenever i wear a CT shirt, and I do not get any compliments when i wear my BB shirts, so take that for what its worth.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that CT's slim fit shirts arm holes are too low. I prefer the fit of the BB slim but prefer the style of CT shirts.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both are about equal quality, but I prefer the collars on the CT.

Ataraxia

Reaction score
I've been working my way down Jermyn Street - Charles Tyrwhitt I didn't like at all - I'd recommend Harvie & Hudson as an alternative - you tend to get a little more for your money (MOP buttons, good thick cotton, etc), and the service is really very lovely.

(A quick peek at their website - they are selling 'slim fit' shirts at a rate of "3 for 99", or around £40 each at the moment, there're also a few end of line pieces on offer at a lower rate).

marshtj

Reaction score
I own many of both CT and Havie & Hudson shirts. The H&H shirts are far better in my opinion. Better fabrics, construction and durability. None of my CT shirts have held up nearly as well as my H&H.

By the way the pearl buttons on the H&H shirts are identical to those on the CT Sea Island quality shirts.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CT shirts are junk. I purchased a few last year and they have not held up well.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Both are about equal quality, but I prefer the collars on the CT.

Interesting. The more I wear other shirts, the less I like the CT collars. I find them to be very rigid. Concrete mixers should study the fuse job on them. Very impressive.

I have ~10 shirts from CT. I'm done- the short body length on the slim fits is annoying. The collar is hard. If I want throwaway colorful shirts, I'm buying http://www.camicissima.com/USA/home.html.

Baldassare

Reaction score
I think the key with Charles Tyrwhitt is price: if you buy them in their actual sale (rather than the near-constant "half-price" offers) and so pay £20 or less then they are good value. That said, they used to have several ranges in different quality fabrics and I think I mostly bought the better quality ones. Looking at their site now, it seems they only have one, which is probably the cheapest.

Havie & Hudson are much better but easily 50% more expensive. I also thought Camicissima shirts were either more expensive or poor quality but that was based on a quick visit to a store in Milan where the only ones I thought were nice were in the 2 for €99 section.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads