• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cedar shoe trees in Singapore

joonian

Reaction score
I live in Singapore and the humidity and my aversion to socks mean good shoe trees are essential.

Unfortunately trees are heavy and I think shipping from the western hemisphere will probably negate whatever discount I can find online for them. Do any members know where to get relatively inexpensive (I'm looking to pay around SGD20 for a pair) cedar shoe trees here?

I particularly like the look of trees with brass knobs and I would be happy to pay more for those.

Any advice is appreciated.

Francisco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joonian
I live in Singapore and the humidity and my aversion to socks mean good shoe trees are essential.

Unfortunately trees are heavy and I think shipping from the western hemisphere will probably negate whatever discount I can find online for them. Do any members know where to get relatively inexpensive (I'm looking to pay around SGD20 for a pair) cedar shoe trees here?

I particularly like the look of trees with brass knobs and I would be happy to pay more for those.

Any advice is appreciated.

I think this is going to be difficult with your budget. A cedar shoe tree from Ecco will already cost like SGD$50. I can't recall any other brand made of cedar wood.

hst

Reaction score
Herringshoes has a shoe tree for 17GBP. Shipping is a flat 10GBP regardless of how many you ordered. Very reliable online merchant - shipping is by UPS. You can probably get the trees in about 3-4 days after you place the order.

I think it could be a good deal if you are looking for at least 3-4 shoe trees.

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0

wellsuited

Reaction score
I get mine at shoe repair places in town for around 35SGD. Not cedar for mosts, but fully wood. Good enuf for me.

pkiula

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francisco
I think this is going to be difficult with your budget. A cedar shoe tree from Ecco will already cost like SGD$50. I can't recall any other brand made of cedar wood.

Ecco in Singapore carries Cedar shoe trees? Shoetrees are not listed on their website as something they make at all?

joonian

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, gents.

Gshen: Is Shukey in Raffles Place? The price sounds doable.

I looked at some trees from Mister Minit, and I was told they are made of beech. Has anyone tried them? How do they compare to cedar trees?

joonian

Reaction score

hst: The flat GBP10 shipping on trees makes Herring a feasible proposition. I'll check out locally available ones to compare.

It looks like SGD40 a pair is what I'll have to pay for brass knobbed cedar trees, looking at the responses here.

I looked at some trees from Mister Minit, and I was told they are made of beech. Has anyone tried them? How do they compare to cedar trees?

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joonian

hst: The flat GBP10 shipping on trees makes Herring a feasible proposition. I'll check out locally available ones to compare.

It looks like SGD40 a pair is what I'll have to pay for brass knobbed cedar trees, looking at the responses here.

Please let us know if you manage to find a full tree with brass knob for less than SGD40
smile.gif
It will be a good place for us to get shoe trees in future.

Simon4rings

Reaction score
I get mine from eBay and ship them in. Killer is of course the shipping charges, but they end up to be about S$30+. These are the Costco types which are same design as Herrings, but I note that Herrings did not specify that these are cedar wood.

On a happy note, I discovered I still had a box of 2 pairs of shoe trees hiding in my store room yesterday.
smile.gif

joonian

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed the same thing about the Herring trees.

Perhaps we should do a group buy on cedar trees for Singapore members? It looks like it was quite successful for the Australia members.

Simon: Is there a merchant you buy from on eBay?

Simon4rings

Reaction score
There are several eBay merchants selling them as "Aromatic Red Cedar Shoe Trees 2 Pairs Size 8 -11". You can then ship them in via VPost or Borderlinx
Then again, the Herring ones do look nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads