• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Brown/Black Shoes to wear with Jeans?

boxdiver

Reaction score
I'm looking for something isn't too dressy and isn't too casual (i.e gym shoes).

Basically if I go out in a v-neck sweater and jeans, I don't want to wear a pair of shoes that go with dress pants. What are some suggestions?

Uker

Reaction score
There are several very large and very long threads dedicated to such questions already. Look in the first few pages....

boxdiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
There are several very large and very long threads dedicated to such questions already. Look in the first few pages....

Went through the first 7 pages, did not find the topic.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver
I'm looking for something isn't too dressy and isn't too casual (i.e gym shoes).

Basically if I go out in a v-neck sweater and jeans, I don't want to wear a pair of shoes that go with dress pants. What are some suggestions?

Paul Smith Starrs

sea0bass

Reaction score
Timberlands Abington collection or boots by Timberland Boots Company (my recent obsession).

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres tons of shoes that fit that description out there. id love to help but i need more info

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What info do you need?

well, for starters what material do you prefer? its hard sometimes to do "not too formal, not too casual" with shoes.

boxdiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
well, for starters what material do you prefer? its hard sometimes to do "not too formal, not too casual" with shoes.

Honestly I don't even have a preference.

What's your opinion on Clark's Desert Shoes?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's also the Alden Ultimate Indy Boot... The first leather shoe that kinda appealed to me.
ui1.jpg

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
There's also the Alden Ultimate Indy Boot... The first leather shoe that kinda appealed to me.

ui1.jpg

very nice indeed but also pricey

Uker

Reaction score
What would you suggest color-wise that will "go" with the most things?

I have a black pair and a dark brown pair of boots that I use for daily use on top of sneakers or whatever. My brown are desert boots actually.....and I am thinking about picking up either a pair of redwings / jcrew or maybe some timbs

boxdiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uker
I have a black pair and a dark brown pair of boots that I use for daily use on top of sneakers or whatever. My brown are desert boots actually.....and I am thinking about picking up either a pair of redwings / jcrew or maybe some timbs

That's what I meant...I was asking what color desert boots go with everything. Now when you say brown what type of brown? There's also suede and leather obviously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads