• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:inlove:The e9 3.0CS/CSi/CSL is one of my favorite BMWs of all time! The lines on it are just perfect! Not sure I like the more modern BMW wheels on it, but its still a beautiful car.
Seeing all this beautiful design language from old bmw’s just makes me more sad at what they’ve become.

Someone could probably make a killing restomodding these things. I’d never buy a new factory one.

People have been swapping the S54 engine from the E46 M3 (333 hp, 268 ft/lbs), 5 speed LSD ****** from the E36 M3, front suspension and brakes from the E46 M3 and rear suspension from the E28. Now that would make a beautiful daily driver

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having owned a couple of nice e-30's I've said the same thing....but I am thinking hard about the 2 series.
Do it. The 2 series is great. It's pretty much the same size as the E46 3 series. More power, better handling, better everything (except maybe steering feel) except for nostalgia.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People have been swapping the S54 engine from the E46 M3 (333 hp, 268 ft/lbs), 5 speed LSD ****** from the E36 M3, front suspension and brakes from the E46 M3 and rear suspension from the E28. Now that would make a beautiful daily driver
A decent start, but I want a three-quarters version of a Singer 911. Something great but I don’t need it endlessly fetishized and every surface masturbated where it ends up costing a half million dollars.

Actually, maybe i just want a Z8. E39 M5 platform with a modernized 507 body

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The XV/Crosstrek is just killing the base impreza in sales. They easily sell twice as many...and still more than half of all impreza-platform sales after you factor in WRX and STi sales.

Put me in the camp of people who would love to see a "WRX" or "STi" variant of the Crosstrek. But a Subaru's NA president basically said "we're already selling them as fast as we can get them...maybe we'd look into a performance variant if sales were to stop growing so fast"
I have often wondered about putting an EJ207 in an XV.
It would be nice.

@HRoi that car could happen..

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have often wondered about putting an EJ207 in an XV.
It would be nice.

@HRoi that car could happen..
almost

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Very nice!

But I'd have it looking and feeling more like an XV.
Like, burgandy with tan/black leather interior. (top trim package?)
Stock ride height, and bronze Volk ZE40 rims.
So all you'd notice is the scoop, the wheels and the exhaust.

As they should be, if you could order one like that.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The XV/Crosstrek is just killing the base impreza in sales. They easily sell twice as many...and still more than half of all impreza-platform sales after you factor in WRX and STi sales.

Put me in the camp of people who would love to see a "WRX" or "STi" variant of the Crosstrek. But a Subaru's NA president basically said "we're already selling them as fast as we can get them...maybe we'd look into a performance variant if sales were to stop growing so fast"

I get that... but it's so dumb because so many more enthusiasts would pick them up as well. Even mazda's starting to offer turbo motors in their newer suvs. A crosstrek with a 'wrx' version, would basically be a nice throwback to the good old days of the WRX wagon.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If he really said that, he's not a very good businessman. If your pipeline is limited, maximize profit. (I'm not saying they should be stupid/greedy about it, but...)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It makes sense to me, if it can be paraphrased as ‘in a world where our production is finite, we’re going to produce the types of cars our customers want’.

But on the other hand, it costs relatively little to produce a ‘hot’ version of an existing car. It usually involves shared R&D with the aftermarket, sometimes even outsourced production like MB used to do with AMG, and relatively minor/tried and true tweaks. What he might be saying is “we don’t think a Crosstrek STi would sell’. (He’d be wrong)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woo some warranty voiding activities are afoot

9D4FC4DC-0D86-47DE-87EB-F8B6F3343A2F.jpeg

6F8B2BB4-399C-495D-BCDA-808ACF40A2F4.jpeg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching the new season of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?

My fav last season was the Fiat 600 <3

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm amazed that show gets the praise it does. It is kind of painful to watch these people try to have funny conversations. Also, I'm not convinced Jerry Seinfeld is funny without Larry David writing material for him.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm amazed that show gets the praise it does. It is kind of painful to watch these people try to have funny conversations. Also, I'm not convinced Jerry Seinfeld is funny without Larry David writing material for him.

I find it pretty enjoyable, though I agree some episodes are much better and others much worse. At its best, the humor comes across as natural and impromptu. Also, a lot of the anecdotes shared are entertaining to me, funny or not.

That said, the cars this season suck.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m back from an extended business trip out of the country. Had a chance to drive the 570S with the new rubber. Wow, what an improvement. But i’ll give you guys a more comprehensive review once i get the exhaust and suspension installed.

Meanwhile, i took this little guy on a tour of Rome while we were in Italy. I really enjoyed it. You can’t get any more basic and ‘raw’ than this car:

CB15E4AB-A1E0-4055-B77F-EE2029D1A1FD.jpeg
2112F400-3423-4444-88F4-E9A726D4A477.jpeg
195DDFFA-9ABA-4488-BD70-EB87AAD7DA68.jpeg
7C53CE0B-2A98-4FB4-B784-97287D073E1A.jpeg

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Promised myself I wouldn't mod the RS short of exhaust and safety modifications (roll bar, harnesses), but then I saw this 3RS with painted 2RS wing end plates and could not help myself. Not a direct fit so will take some tinkering to install. Should look good with the new uprights my friend is developing (2" taller than stock, which means I can finally see out of my rear view mirror).

Also desperate to get back to the track at least one more time before summer is over. This summer completely flew by.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads