• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Race of Champions in Sweden last week. How fun would that Sport quattro S1 be on an ice track?!

audi_roc_23_3.jpg
audi_roc_23_4.jpg

audi_roc_23_6.jpg

WestLinn

Reaction score
In case anyone cares, this Jeep Commercial was shot right around my home in Colorado in North Park. Most of the shots are on a reservoir that is on the road to my house and that is iced over and in the back ground (at about the 4 sec to 7 sec. mark) there is the dam for the reservoir that I drive over to get to my house. It's an area where 25 years ago a guy sub divided into 40 acre homesites, although my homesite was not part of that and was broken off from a larger piece of land about 70 years ago. Our house is about 40 years old. There is a neighbor who is a friend (I worked for him for a year or so) who is building the largest log home in North America and perhaps the world. At present time, it's slated for 160K square feet, but it keeps changing. He owns about 30K acres in the area at present.

Another commercial, the 10 second and 15 second marks are from the reservoir

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would want a house that big. But, then again, I am not a big timer so it may just be beyond my comprehension.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would want a house that big. But, then again, I am not a big timer so it may just be beyond my comprehension.
Because I, at least, wasn't even sure I could envision how big that would be:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of big and ugly.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m on record here as thinking the cyber truck is cool…

…but yeah, that’s ugly.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drove around Houston all year without a front tag (no way I'm drilling holes in the front bumper) with no issues. Pulled over 3 times in the span of 15 miles in Terrell County, Texas. Invested in one of those Platypus kits that use the front tow hook to mount plate.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drove around Houston all year without a front tag (no way I'm drilling holes in the front bumper) with no issues. Pulled over 3 times in the span of 15 miles in Terrell County, Texas. Invested in one of those Platypus kits that use the front tow hook to mount plate.
I had physically stop my awful Audi salesguy this summer before he started drilling holes in my bumper.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My thoughts on the matter is that a neatly drilled plate with minimal silicone frame looks better than any of those tow-hook/grille/etc. alternative mounts.

Helps if you can get a plate that matches your car.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on the matter is that a neatly drilled plate with minimal silicone frame looks better than any of those tow-hook/grille/etc. alternative mounts.

Helps if you can get a plate that matches your car.
The worst part is that new Audi's have threaded inserts in the front bumper for a bracket but the dealer's frame didn't fit so he was going to drill it to make it fit.

Looks like this:

2021_a5_ext40_991d5b04b4c2f9cd7ee302c2b58c0e4c4cbf4805.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: otc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads