• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't want a hero car anymore, if I'm getting an old car, it better be cheap, enough... (<$20k for sure...)

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this were true you wouldn’t have companies like Singer or ICON.

Ironically, I am debating getting a "SINGRR" vanity plate as my car's way of speaking out against the abuse against clean, unmolested 964s at the hands of Singer.

Looking forward to seeing the process. Weekend car has always been a daydream as I've had company vehicles for 20+ years.

Starts today, in about 4 hours, when it arrives :cheers:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I am debating getting a "SINGRR" vanity plate as my car's way of speaking out against the abuse against clean, unmolested 964s at the hands of Singer.

Starts today, in about 4 hours, when it arrives :cheers:

I think if I saw that vanity plate from a distance, I would presume your car is a Singer. Then as I got closer I'd realize it isn't and I'd wonder why you have that plate.

I imagine the anticipation really has you adrenaline going! Congrats and can't wait to see photos of it!

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if I saw that vanity plate from a distance, I would presume your car is a Singer. Then as I got closer I'd realize it isn't and I'd wonder why you have that plate.

Good point. If there's one thing I hate, it's having to explain stuff to people (don't ever get tattoos). Pass.

And yes, very excited, much more so than I was for my RS.

Pics to come.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a little old lady owned red 3000gt in my building. Or late middle age single lesbian (but still very little) if I had to really guess.

Badly needs a paint correction but I bet that will be a fun purchase for someone in the future.

No idea the mileage but I'm guessing relatively low since it is infrequently gone. Probably just a fun city weekend car. I suspect it is well maintained. Paint is beat from age and poor washing but she does keep it washed which is a good sign for overall care.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First one of the season, in automatic so :( . The day prior I saw an old body automatic Miata.

CBE88556-CB0A-427A-8C26-C5B038E3871D.jpeg

10FD1705-FE2E-431B-83EF-2983AD854C94.jpeg

The new status symbol of my area...because walking two blocks to the beach is for plebs

ACA2BABB-249C-49AB-9566-2E3713D8A6C0.jpeg

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the new Vette is automatic only because they dumped so much money into the DCT. It’s looks are growing on me and I expect the Z06 and other models will be quite a performance bargain. If the Z06 gets the rumored flat-plane crank motor then it’ll sound amazing.

I had not known that actually. Could’ve sworn I read that Chevrolet was offering it in a manual, however, a quick google search has me worried that’s wrong. How sad. What’s next, Mustangs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads