• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still confused about whether I can do a “point A to point A” drive while under a shelter in place order. The letter of the orders seem to indicate no, but taking a drive from your garage to your garage seems like the ultimate socially distant leisure activity.

my cars have actual cobwebs on them now. :(

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meanwhile my city’s order specifically calls out that going for a run or bike ride is ok as long as you stay socially distant. But of course you’re at least going to pass other people fairly closely on the sidewalk.

In a car I’m enclosed by steel, glass and carbon fiber, breathing recirculated air...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know that phrase “when it rains, it pours”. Well allow me to introduce you to hail. With businesses being closed, my company furloughing me until further notice, social distancing being in effect, and extreme boredom, this is what happened to me while visiting with my folks. I parked my car in the garage of their retirement home for 5 days. Packed to head home and tried to start it.

Nothing happened. I’ve been having issues starting it these past few months, living on the beach block near Atlantic City. It usually only takes one false start and it fires right up perfectly. However on Friday it wasn’t so cooperative. I tried jumping it several times with my brothers 2018 Forester, with zero success. I then hooked it up to a battery tender and stayed another night.

In the morning, with new optimism, I tried again. Nothing! So I went to my local Autozone and bought a new Duralast battery. The AAA battery I had in my car for 2.5 years was a ************* anyways. I guess I’ve been spoiled these past 18 years, as I never had to change my own battery :lol: so that was a fun experience, but luckily my dad was there to help. After the install I had a new DIY under my belt and was even more optimistic. I went to start it and.......NOTHING!!!

So on Saturday, I was forced to call AAA to request a tow. I’m told it could be the starter, but here’s to my luck changing. At least my Si had great company over the weekend. “Let’s see if you bastards can do 90”

89831A32-0835-43EA-916D-D8E0EA3841E8.jpeg

AE6013FA-D8D6-4EB8-B327-B6185352A375.jpeg

Nice Fiero collection lol

AB7FAA0C-8506-4FAF-9D84-494F2C0D5AAC.jpeg

brokencycle

Reaction score
I’m still confused about whether I can do a “point A to point A” drive while under a shelter in place order. The letter of the orders seem to indicate no, but taking a drive from your garage to your garage seems like the ultimate socially distant leisure activity.

my cars have actual cobwebs on them now. :(

They have to pull you over first. Just put a grocery bag in the car and claim you were going to the grocery store.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have to pull you over first. Just put a grocery bag in the car and claim you were going to the grocery store.
Around here they are talking about banning reusable bags so that workers don't have to handle anything consumer provided... So no bag needed!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around here they are talking about banning reusable bags so that workers don't have to handle anything consumer provided... So no bag needed!

They already have banned using reusable bags around here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Gasps, "what if the staffer is contaminated?, are they wearing gloves?"

Lololol

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is about protecting the staffers from having to be exposed to everyone else's ****. Whether they use your bag or theirs, they are still touching your ****, so don't go licking your hands while you unload your groceries.

Also, the local reddit discussion of the ban here resulted in a bunch of checkout clerks venting about the horrifically dirty bags people bring in and expect them to pack. Multiple stories of urine soaked bags...how???

brokencycle

Reaction score
You know that phrase “when it rains, it pours”. Well allow me to introduce you to hail. With businesses being closed, my company furloughing me until further notice, social distancing being in effect, and extreme boredom, this is what happened to me while visiting with my folks. I parked my car in the garage of their retirement home for 5 days. Packed to head home and tried to start it.

Nothing happened. I’ve been having issues starting it these past few months, living on the beach block near Atlantic City. It usually only takes one false start and it fires right up perfectly. However on Friday it wasn’t so cooperative. I tried jumping it several times with my brothers 2018 Forester, with zero success. I then hooked it up to a battery tender and stayed another night.

In the morning, with new optimism, I tried again. Nothing! So I went to my local Autozone and bought a new Duralast battery. The AAA battery I had in my car for 2.5 years was a ************* anyways. I guess I’ve been spoiled these past 18 years, as I never had to change my own battery :lol: so that was a fun experience, but luckily my dad was there to help. After the install I had a new DIY under my belt and was even more optimistic. I went to start it and.......NOTHING!!!

So on Saturday, I was forced to call AAA to request a tow. I’m told it could be the starter, but here’s to my luck changing. At least my Si had great company over the weekend. “Let’s see if you bastards can do 90”

View attachment 1363030

View attachment 1363031

Nice Fiero collection lol

View attachment 1363032

When my I was a little kid, my dad had a Fiero which I thought was the coolest.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've driven back and forth to work per normal.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gasps, "what if the staffer is contaminated?, are they wearing gloves?"

Lololol

Yes, actually the cashiers and people bagging food are wearing rubber gloves at least at the grocery stores I've visited.

Multiple stories of urine soaked bags...how???

WTF!!!! I just don't get how people could bring piss soak bags to pick up food they plan to eat...wow, I couldn't imagine how insane someone must be to do that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads