• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thanks, A. I've used Turner for most of the work on my car. Unfortunately, their relationship with Ground Control went south, and they went through a brief period where they seemed to be ripping off some of GC's designs. Anyway, they refuse to touch anything GC and it's problematical to have them to do work anywhere near my suspension.

Sucky. Other than that issue peculiar to my setup, they really are a great shop. The shop only exists to support their racing, as you know.

- B

GC has that effect on people.
wink.gif
Have you ever seen the McLaren F1 in the Turner shop?

For the GT3, please reconsider if they're still making the sunroof mandatory for the US.

--Andre

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GT3.

- B

Spend the extra coin and get the GT3 RS. Sick, sick, sick. Though, as an NE daily driver, you're better off with a Panamera or Cayenne.

I love the Panamera.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you, particularly with New England potholes and road salt on those meticulously machined GC Cali bits, I'm thinking catastrophic failure is in the offing.

Might have to go p-car...I think that I've ruled out the Aston.

Maybe Sly Stallone California...
butbut.gif
...I mean, statistically, I'll be dead in a few years anyway.

- B

I was talkin to spook and he's right in saying that pretty much every e46 is doomed just a matter of time, such a shame. Going to leave the car with brad soon.

No california, gt3 is imminent and only jet approved vehicle of the bunch. You still got that nascar fan pic?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last twenty minutes building Porsches on the website. I hate you guys.

Like they say, you can live in your car, but you can't drive your house.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I was talkin to spook and he's right in saying that pretty much every e46 is doomed just a matter of time, such a shame. Going to leave the car with brad soon.

No california, gt3 is imminent and only jet approved vehicle of the bunch. You still got that nascar fan pic?

Is that fwocker spook still driving in white?

- B

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Nice. I have the Borla on mine, along with the SRP and associated software. Seriously consider the SRP package. The exhaust is pretty freaking loud, though.

--Andre

Thanks! Borla consistantly receives rave reviews, notwithstanding Capristo. Do you run into much drone with your system? My other possibility is through TPC. They offer a Turbo kit, which pushes the HP up to 485; 1/4 mile in 11.7 at 121mph. It would be amazing, but it has a 10K price tag, and I'm sure mods would have to be done on the frame to support the increased torque.

Edit: With the Turbo kit, the Cayman will be able to run with a GT3.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Thanks! Borla consistantly receives rave reviews, notwithstanding Capristo. Do you run into much drone with your system? My other possibility is through TPC. They offer a Turbo kit, which pushes the HP up to 485; 1/4 mile in 11.7 at 121mph. It would be amazing, but it has a 10K price tag, and I'm sure mods would have to be done on the frame to support the increased torque.

Edit: With the Turbo kit, the Cayman will be able to run with a GT3.

The Borla has pretty loud droning between 2 and 3K RPM, especially if you lug the engine. You eventually get used to it, and the exhaust sound elsewhere is worth the trouble. I think it sounds better than a stock 8-cylinder Ferrari.

I would not do a turbo kit in any car, especially the Cayman. Heat issues will be the worst problem, and really has to be designed into the packaging of the whole car from the beginning.

--Andre

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
The Borla has pretty loud droning between 2 and 3K RPM, especially if you lug the engine. You eventually get used to it, and the exhaust sound elsewhere is worth the trouble. I think it sounds better than a stock 8-cylinder Ferrari.

I would not do a turbo kit in any car, especially the Cayman. Heat issues will be the worst problem, and really has to be designed into the packaging of the whole car from the beginning.

--Andre

Heh, my dad was telling about an old mini he used to own back in england that he put a turbo on. Every 150miles or something he had to get out of the car and tighten some bolts or something.
laugh.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
B, look what our conversation sparked.

Should I continue the legacy with an e92 m3, clubsports and lms?

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admittedly heresy from a Porsche owner, but the R8 is just a better car than the GT3 for driving around. Interior is better, drivability around town is better, it is also more unique in styling whereas the GT3 will just be recognized by car geeks.

Not that you can go wrong at that price range. And purchases are definitely emotional - hell, I am thinking about buying a 550 Maranello just because I always wanted one, not because it is practical or the best performer or anything like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads