• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol, I went to one of those meets once. there are some characters that show up to these things. to be fair, there are chill, normal people too. but different guys there:
1. told his friend, right in front of me, "those BBS wheels are nice, but those are the cheapest ones they make" - referring to mine
2. asked me why I didn't buy a 1M instead
3. walked up to my car's hood, stuck his nose an inch from the paint and started pointing out to himself what I assumed were specks of dust
4. tried to sell me legal insurance
5. parked next to me, struck up a conversation, and contrived to show me that he had a handgun in his glove compartment

I was at audi the other day with my a3 s-line and some ******* 19 year old kid asked if that was my daily driver and what mods I had done. He also asked what my fastest 1/4 mile track time was. They are worse than COS players

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the Camaro/Corvette meet was fun too. a few straight hours of dick measuring and misogyny with a bit of repressed homosexuality mixed in. it's pretty much Styleforum IRL

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF is in the market for a new car. She is leaning towards a new Benz C250 coupe. Piob what say you? Probably going to lease.

Heading to a dealer today to have a test drive.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

the Camaro/Corvette meet was fun too. a few straight hours of dick measuring and misogyny with a bit of repressed homosexuality mixed in. it's pretty much Styleforum IRL

post of the month. :lol::lol:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GF is in the market for a new car. She is leaning towards a new Benz C250 coupe. Piob what say you? Probably going to lease.

My friend has a C300. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the quality of some of the materials (like the dashboard). However, I havent been in a comparable audi or bmw or something so who knows how it stacks up to its competitors.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Sorry, no opinion or knowledge on the cars, other than driving a C class loaner. It's way too small for me (which should not be a problem for your gf) and not as nicely appointed as my GL. Was adequately powered though and a sharp looking little car with good (not great) handling. Keep in mind the loaners are probably not all dressed so YMMV with everything I've said.

Around the same price point, how about the smallest SUV? GLK I think? Has that redone 6 cylinder engine (302 hp), looks sporty, has more room (I have driven one of those as a loaner too). If I had to pick between a GLK and a C-class, I'd take the GLK...but I lean towards SUVs over cars.

c5212

Reaction score

Sorry, no opinion or knowledge on the cars, other than driving a C class loaner. It's way too small for me (which should not be a problem for your gf) and not as nicely appointed as my GL. Was adequately powered though and a sharp looking little car with good (not great) handling. Keep in mind the loaners are probably not all dressed so YMMV with everything I've said.
Around the same price point, how about the smallest SUV? GLK I think? Has that redone 6 cylinder engine (302 hp), looks sporty, has more room (I have driven one of those as a loaner too). If I had to pick between a GLK and a C-class, I'd take the GLK...but I lean towards SUVs over cars.
I agree with Piobaire. Having driven both the C250 and the GLK350, I lean towards the GLK (and I'm a *car* person). It's more spacious and still feels/looks sporty without being a full fledged SUV. If you/GF are dead-set on a car, I would recommend taking a peek at the C350. Though there is a slight jump in price, it is well worth it. The C350 handles better and the engine, headlights, and other features are much improved over the C250.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lol, I went to one of those meets once. there are some characters that show up to these things. to be fair, there are chill, normal people too. but different guys there:
1. told his friend, right in front of me, "those BBS wheels are nice, but those are the cheapest ones they make" - referring to mine
2. asked me why I didn't buy a 1M instead
3. walked up to my car's hood, stuck his nose an inch from the paint and started pointing out to himself what I assumed were specks of dust
4. tried to sell me legal insurance
5. parked next to me, struck up a conversation, and contrived to show me that he had a handgun in his glove compartment

I'd like to believe that I'd be one of the more chill guys there. I mean, my car has no mods, beyond a CAI and angel eyes.. so I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest with how modified my car is with anyone. Just want to enjoy cars with other people who enjoy them :satisfied:

Back in January I visited my best friend from high school in SF and he took me to my first car meet for german cars in general and I ended up talking to some dude with a dakar yellow e92 m3. Turned out he was in consulting too so we shared stories about travel and whatnot. And all in all, he was really chill. Those are the dudes I'd like to meet (no ****).

Of course, there were plenty of douchebags who were doing burnouts with people 3 feet away from them, but that's to be expected.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can relate to that. I have put less than 1k miles on the Ferrari in the last 2 years. Today when I drove it to the office it was only the second time I had been in the car since I got it back from its engine out major service about 2 months ago. The car is perfectly dialed in, it was pure excitement from start to finish. There have been times I have questioned why I even have the damn thing, but I really, really love it. The sensory stimulation of such a low and tight package, and the sound of the tubi (bass and burble at idle and banshee scream at redline), there's just nothing like it that I've found that compares. I'm a little embarrassed to say that at least a couple times a week I will sneak out to the garage after dinner with a cold beer, flip the shop lights on and just look at the cars. I have loved cars since I was a little kid and even though I can't drive them enough, it's such a joy to have them.

I just gave up on exotic cars and bought a motorcycle - more fun to drive than any car could ever be and no need to baby them.

Admittedly I am eyeing an MP4-12C or 458, but my wife would probably blood eagle me.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree with Piobaire. Having driven both the C250 and the GLK350, I lean towards the GLK (and I'm a *car* person). It's more spacious and still feels/looks sporty without being a full fledged SUV. If you/GF are dead-set on a car, I would recommend taking a peek at the C350. Though there is a slight jump in price, it is well worth it. The C350 handles better and the engine, headlights, and other features are much improved over the C250.

I've also driven C-class and GLK loaners, and prefer the GLK by a wide margin. I'm a car guy, but the C is too small while the GLK has all sorts of room and handles very well.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the new 911 in person today. It's pretty damn nice. Looks great in person. Would make a great daily driver.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went back to the dealership where I bought my ZHP a year ago from and wanted to test drive an M3. Some riiiichh (**** you rich) Bolivian dude dropped by in a 458 with his mid-30s son. He bought two space grey metallic M5s.. one for himself and the other for his son. Apparently he made all his money by selling trees in Bolivia to mills and paper manufacturers in the 70s/80s/90s and now he owns a canned goods manufacturing facility as well as luxury condos all over the world.

They were in and out within 30 minutes. No haggling whatsoever. Paperwork signed, and boom. Oh, and those two M5s were delivered to the dealership today (not special ordered for them). So they just heard that these two M5s came in and decided to buy them.

******* rich people.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads