• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair point. Still feels much more like a secondary fridge than a main one. Would expect at the very least for fitted white goods in that kind of kitchen...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

is this better ;)
House-Design-with-the-Lamborghini-Parked-in-the-Living-Room1-587x500.jpg

is that a fridge at the back right? If so, do you have to walk around a car to get to the fridge if you're cooking in the kitchen?
either way, even though I like Corb furniture, the space still strikes me as poorly designed. That big block above the brown couch just closes up the whole place.
But I like the floors. And the mobile-thing.

Seen this place before, it's Osaka I think. Almost nothing can be made/decorated to western aesthetic ideals here since a square foot costs a fuckton, it probably costs $10-15k just to own the square footage for that fridge. That pod above the LC2 3p is probably the bedroom. The whole house is probably about 1000sq ft from what I can surmise. I was hinting more at something like this, with a good car as objet:

glass-house.jpg

btw that lady I was talking about before, she also has a Miura :fu:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Japanese architecture and fully figured that place was in Japan, I just think the overall design of the space is not that great. The car doesn't help either. Things like fridges at opposite ends of where cooking would be done always annoy me.

the second pic seems quite nice from the outside, though it's hard to tell how the inside space is used from that pic.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Seen this place before, it's Osaka I think. Almost nothing can be made/decorated to western aesthetic ideals here since a square foot costs a fuckton, it probably costs $10-15k just to own the square footage for that fridge. That pod above the LC2 3p is probably the bedroom. The whole house is probably about 1000sq ft from what I can surmise.

It's great as a concept, but we can quickly agree it's not perfect and it needs to be bigger for it to work.

I have always wanted a large sub terrain garage with a hidden entrance beneath the house, total batcave.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I had any exotic, I would drive the **** out of it - in winter, I would put ******* snow chains on it and keep on driving it. No point in owning it if you aren't going to use it...

I hear people say this all the time, but do you realize how much of a pain ********** it can be to drive an exotic around for daily duty even in good weather? Steep driveways you can't get up, speed bumps too high to pass without bottoming out, not wanting to leave the car out of sight because last time you did you came back and found someone sitting on the hood having a picture taken. :) The stress of it can quickly outweigh the joy of it, trust me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of Japanese architecture and fully figured that place was in Japan, I just think the overall design of the space is not that great. The car doesn't help either. Things like fridges at opposite ends of where cooking would be done always annoy me.
the second pic seems quite nice from the outside, though it's hard to tell how the inside space is used from that pic.

Yeah, the bottom pic is some $35m house in America (garage is awesome, but under the house) and the Japanese house with the Countach is probably less than 1/10th of that, and it's tiny, naturally. I'm guessing the owner is a single male.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Adam Carolla's got a hydraulic lift going from his garage up to the living room directly above:

ugly and unfunny but man what a country

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

is that a fridge at the back right? If so, do you have to walk around a car to get to the fridge if you're cooking in the kitchen?
But think of the nice nearby surface on which to fry eggs after warming up the car.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just walked past a white 458 spider outside my hotel but dammit, the freaking mass plates just ruined the look of the car. im now convinced that a supercar CANNOT look good with the rectangular US plates.

anyway, i will someday own a ferrari. but until then, baby steps :eek:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If it were a Miura, you could flame-broil something on it. :devil:

(this is in my neighborhood, but from last summer when I wasn't here:)

lamborghini_miura_burn_us_1.191g27fc3kascw4kk88wogs8w.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hear people say this all the time, but do you realize how much of a pain ********** it can be to drive an exotic around for daily duty even in good weather? Steep driveways you can't get up, speed bumps too high to pass without bottoming out, not wanting to leave the car out of sight because last time you did you came back and found someone sitting on the hood having a picture taken. :) The stress of it can quickly outweigh the joy of it, trust me.

I believe it, but at the same time, I see too many garage queens. It is a shame how low mileage some of these machines are.

Then again, with kids, no exotics for me right now - just trying to figure out how many car seats can fit across the back seats of different cars nowadays (sadly looks like the Panamera is going to be only two...)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drew i think i am getting a 335 so you can laugh at me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads