• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlos Santos Sizing?

skeptastic

Reaction score
Here is a picture of how they look right now in my office setting with fluorescent lights. I wanted the wine shadow because they were going to be my go-to cap toes and I don’t like the color black. Figured that the red tint was a nice touch. As for the sizing, I am a Brannock 9 almost a 9.5, standard D width. I originally got the UK 8 and it was way too big. I returned it and got the UK 7.5, and it was perfect at first but within a week they had stretched and were no longer able to be tightened because I was able to close the V. At that point I couldn’t return them again, so I got some insoles and while they are better, they won’t ever be perfect. In the Park Ave, I’m a comfortable 9D. I haven’t tried on the Daltons, but if it helps, I have some AE black Dundee chukka boots in 9 D and the toes are a little snug but they fit well. Also, I have 9D Alden 1493 chukkas. Those are perfect.

Those shoes are so nice! I think I am going to take the risk and go half a size down. I'm an 11.5D in Dalton and Park Ave, and will go for the 10UK. Fingers crossed! Just gotta decide on Algarve or Guimaraes now. Narrowed it down! The safe bet would be Guimaraes, as dark always works. If Algarve is done truly medium, though, it would be ideal. till weighing the option and waiting to hear back from a few companies about their thoughts on the two colors, but otherwise, I'm ready to pull the trigger. I thought about the field boot for a while, but really do want something that pops more since all my other shoes are more casual and standard leather.

Opethian

Reaction score
Resurrecting one from the dead! I am interested in a pair of CS, especially the double monks! 401 last.. On the CS website length measurements sound absurd! 30 cm for a size 43!
Has anyone here figured out the fitting yet?

patina.pal

Reaction score
I have emailed CS several times back and forth, they keep telling me that the 401 last is their “most generous and well fitting last” I take that as “fits people with high volume feet”. Since this purchase, I have found out I have low volume feet. I have been about to do a little adjusting with heat and water, but I still need tongue pads to tighten the laces down. At this point that’s my only gripe with the shoes. Everywhere else on the foot feels great: where my toes land, where the widest part of my foot hits, but I wish I could tighten them just a tad more.

Opethian

Reaction score
I have emailed CS several times back and forth, they keep telling me that the 401 last is their “most generous and well fitting last” I take that as “fits people with high volume feet”. Since this purchase, I have found out I have low volume feet. I have been about to do a little adjusting with heat and water, but I still need tongue pads to tighten the laces down. At this point that’s my only gripe with the shoes. Everywhere else on the foot feels great: where my toes land, where the widest part of my foot hits, but I wish I could tighten them just a tad more.
So based on your experience these are TTS for people with good volume feet! I have fat short feet really and I was thinking going at least half a size down from my regular UK sizing.
Like Magnanni for example i always go half a size down

patina.pal

Reaction score
Yes, I would try a half size down. If I could go back I may have gotten a full size down with my skinny-but-long Frey but I’m making it work now.

Opethian

Reaction score
Yes, I would try a half size down. If I could go back I may have gotten a full size down with my skinny-but-long Frey but I’m making it work now.
Thanks for all the help!
Now since you are patina pal! Let's talk color.. I like the wine one in double monk.. What's your favorite?

patina.pal

Reaction score
I love the wine shadow, it’s much darker than pictures of swatches make it look. Not as read as you’d think. I’d like to get some loafers in Algarve or Douro, but honestly, for double monks either wine shadow, Norte, or sintra. I like bold yet classic colors for bolder shoes.

Opethian

Reaction score
I love the wine shadow, it’s much darker than pictures of swatches make it look. Not as read as you’d think. I’d like to get some loafers in Algarve or Douro, but honestly, for double monks either wine shadow, Norte, or sintra. I like bold yet classic colors for bolder shoes.
Absolutely agreed!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads