• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I wear these with dark straight fit jeans?

wearit

Reaction score
Hello there. I have these awesome ALDO shoes that I have only worn once (with a tailored slim suit), and would like to get more use out of them. How do you think they would look paired with jeans? I tried them on and look okay to me, but wouldn't want to FAIL. I would appreciate the opinions.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to styleforum! Prepare to toss everything you know about dressing yourself out the window.

Personally, I wouldn't wear those shoes with anything, I think they're hideous.

Remember:

A LOT of stuff that hasn't been tried...

hasn't been tried because its a TERRIBLE idea.

Honestly if you're asking this question, it isn't going to matter, so I say rock them! Seriously. Have fun before lurking destroys your innocence.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dreadful looking shoes at best and certainly not jeans

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
troll alert...

wearit

Reaction score
Wow. I should have really scanned the forums before hand. I would have realized that everyone on here is partial to AE shoes and thats pretty much it (which I own a pair of and love as well). Would have saved me the trouble. Thanks for responding though.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow. I should have really scanned the forums before hand. I would have realized that everyone on here is partial to AE shoes and thats pretty much it (which I own a pair of and love as well). Would have saved me the trouble. Thanks for responding though.

It's not about brand. This board prefers two things: classic styles, and quality. Allen Edmonds has mostly classic styles, and offers pretty much the cheapest truly high quality shoe around, so you hear them mentioned a lot.

Your shoes are lower quality, but they're hardly the worst they could be. But the main thing you're catching flack for is that they're not a classic style. Not the worst thing ever posted here, but they have kind of a sleezy eurotrash vibe to them. They're too slick for jeans, and they're too casual and fashiony for a suit. They exist in an odd, fashiony nowhere land of formality. Too sleek for casual use, too casual for a slick suit.

Toss 'em and buy some classic penny loafers or boat shoes for wearing with jeans instead. Get something with laces for the suit. Oh, and never wear black shoes with jeans, unless you're wearing black jeans.

Last edited:

wearit

Reaction score
Thanks cptjeff. Makes sense. I agree with your 'in between' opinion. Probably why I only wore them once.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boys have given you good advice ^
I would add only this...we've seen worse on this forum; a lot worse. Wear them if you must as beater shoes, but promise yourself to never buy another pair of cheap shoes again. Lurk 'n learn the forum for awhile. It won't take long before you'll learn about better manufacturers and what lays within your budget and serves your lifestyle. In the interim, you could wear these with black or grey denim.

Also, and this is for the benefit of lurking newcomers, when posting questions in the future, may i suggest adding a little more information in your originating post.
Example:
Hi I am 21 years old.
My budget for dress shoes is $400.
I want to wear them to clubs and may be a job interview.
I live in Texas.
I need them in 2 weeks.

I have bolded key words. These are items we look for when answering posts. The more information you give, the better we can help.
Welcome to Styleforum wearit.

Last edited:

Ecstasy

Reaction score
I agree. If you already own those shoes, just wear them to bits. Then ask for advice when you are buying your next pair. Don't forget to ask why. Blind followers are worse than style criminals.

As a college student on SF, I went from this ALDO...

...to this...

Better get ready.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads