Can anyone identify this RLBL model?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by forbritisheyes, Mar 4, 2013.

1. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

It's a caruso tag

3. forbritisheyes

Tag resolved, thanks! Can anyone else ID the model? I have heard some say Anthony and another model I don't remember but don't know which is which. Thanks SF.

4. cgo

cgo Senior member

looking at the shoulder structure, it looks Anthony

5. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Wrong thread! Sorry.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  6. forbritisheyes

Thank you, cgo. Can I have one more person chime in to verify?

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It probably is. They only have a few other models:

The Nigel: which is unlined.
    The Daniel: Which is mainly sport coats.

8. forbritisheyes

Removed

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  9. forbritisheyes

Okay, I just received my RLBL suit. It fits wonderfully( It could actually be suppressed in the waist further). Pants are a bit tight with my large quads(have to tailor my pants all the time for OTR) so I'll move the leg opening from 7.5" -> 8.25". I kind of like the tabs, but it means I can't show more color with my belt. Shoulders fit perfectly, though I can understand why some people think it has too much padding. Fabric is super soft compared to my 1818 suits(understandably so due to price point differences). My main concern is the canvassing. So it's been confirmed by y'all that this is fully canvassed. I was feeling my Fitz and notice that the chest was much thicker. Is this due to the Fusible in that suit? When I was touching the RLBL, the canvas seemed to float freely between the two layers of fabric from top to bottom. My only question is: why does the suit feel so thin compared to my BB suits? I've never owned a fully canvassed suit before. The upper half and lower half feels very thin. Do any other owners of RLBL think the suit feels thin?

An issue I have is there seems to be bristles(I counted 7) coming out of the outside of the jacket. They poke me when I run my hand down the garment or it just doesn't feel smooth. I think there is one in my other jacket too, near the shoulder pad. Is this normal? Can it be fixed? Is it a sign of wear and tear and excessive dry cleaning?

The bristles are like the ones mentioned here: http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy/suiting/200206/horsehair-canvas

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  10. forbritisheyes

Bump please. The bristles are really a bother now(are so many coming out cause he wore it so much or dry cleaned it excessively? He lived in GA so he may have sweat a lot and thought to dry clean it often) and the thinness of the suit is a concern(BB Fitz is thicker in chest(maybe cause it adds another layer with the fusible and the RLBL doesn't have the extra layer).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  11. GBR

GBR Senior member

Without seeing what you mean it is difficult to say but all my suits are fully canvassed (bespoke for the avoidance of doubt) and I have never had this happen. Whether cheap canvas has anything to do with it I know not.

12. forbritisheyes

That's the thing, these suits are raved about so much on SF, I wasn't expecting this to happen, nor would I expect an RLBL to have cheap canvassing.

13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Did you buy it used? It'll help to post pics.

14. forbritisheyes

I did, on eBay. I asked him how many times he wore it and dry cleaned it but am waiting for a response(30h so far). Reputable seller though, so we'll see. Canvas hairs poking out and the limpness of the canvass worry me more. It just feels older in terms of wear and not "gently used". The thickness I have no idea about, because I've never owned a fully canvassed suit. I think the fusible adds another layer, making it feel thicker, but am not certain.

I can't post pics, because it's extremely difficult in the first place to see the canvass hairs protruding from the jacket. I only know it happens because I feel it with my finger or when multiple hairs poke my stomach/chest.