Can anyone help source this chair? ("Costela" by Martin Eisler)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Douglas, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I'm no expert on MCM furniture, and don't know a whole lot beyond Eames and Barcelona, but I saw this chair in a magazine and sort of fell in love with it. Unsure if it's a canonized classic or just another design, and I don't know if the designer is a household name. Just know that I like it and wouldn't mind having one (or two :D), as long as it's not outrageously expensive.

It was attributed as the Costela chair by Martin Eisler. I found some store in Brazil that shows it on their website but I'm not convinced they actually are selling any - seems maybe they're just advertising they can service it? Image is peeled from their site (Loja Teo).

[​IMG]

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Write them an email and find out.

3. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

About 2500-3000 is what your going to expect to pay. He was in Brazil during that time if I remember right so you best bets are going to find it in South America. Try 1stDibs.com or VandM.com as well as they will have US galleries/shops that might have acquired them.

D.