1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help source this chair? ("Costela" by Martin Eisler)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Douglas, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I'm no expert on MCM furniture, and don't know a whole lot beyond Eames and Barcelona, but I saw this chair in a magazine and sort of fell in love with it. Unsure if it's a canonized classic or just another design, and I don't know if the designer is a household name. Just know that I like it and wouldn't mind having one (or two :D), as long as it's not outrageously expensive.

It was attributed as the Costela chair by Martin Eisler. I found some store in Brazil that shows it on their website but I'm not convinced they actually are selling any - seems maybe they're just advertising they can service it? Image is peeled from their site (Loja Teo).

[​IMG]

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Write them an email and find out.

3. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

About 2500-3000 is what your going to expect to pay. He was in Brazil during that time if I remember right so you best bets are going to find it in South America. Try 1stDibs.com or VandM.com as well as they will have US galleries/shops that might have acquired them.

D.