• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

can anyone give a good rec for good smelling drugstore deodorant?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Spice Fresh. The smell is the least affronting of all the big brands and it works as a deodorant well after the fragrance fades.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just switched to Chrystal, basically salts. All the same sweat, none of the same smell.
plus I put in a few sprays of Thayers Witchazel under the ol' arms as well and that seems to work well

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used Mitchum for 20 years. Nothing better.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
actually I've heard the AdP line from soaps to shaving stuff is all excellent, very high priced, but excellent.

bmf895

Reaction score
Crystal worked great for me at first. But the stone gets contaminated with bacteria after awhile. Now I use a combination of the spray version of Crystal along with Mitchum solid.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
interesting, I just started using it so will see how it goes but I have a feeling you're going to be right.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Degree clinical strength Fresh. I sweat like a **** at a playground and this works great and isn't sharp smelling
bigstar[1].gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jovan Musk. I've been using it for a few years now. The smell is soft and subtle - not that brash locker room after shave smell that most deodorants have.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Old Spice Fresh. The smell is the least affronting of all the big brands and it works as a deodorant well after the fragrance fades.
I use this, and also occasionally Old Spice Classic. They're good.

Originally Posted by Big Pun
Degree clinical strength Fresh. I sweat like a **** at a playground and this works great and isn't sharp smelling
bigstar[1].gif

I might have to try this out in order to prevent summertime pit stains.
ffffuuuu.gif

oldboyhip

Reaction score
aqua di parma wow! your drug store must have really good taste.
ffffuuuu.gif

will have a look at speed stik and jovan musk. never knew there were musk deos. thanks!

damn_hammer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

old spice pro strength, fresh. every time i start sweating a women tells me i smell good. a little expensive, but works, and you don't have to apply much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads