• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J shoes not in the online catalogue

abrocketsfan

Reaction score
I figured this was a topic that could use its own thread...

I came across a picture of some C&J handgrade shoes ("maddox") that I liked, but I couldn't find them on their online catalogue. Nor do I see them pictured in the catalogues that PLAL has. I didn't see them at any of the other online retailers that I presumed stocked most or all the most current C&J offerings.

It appears there are shoes that are current that are not sold by other retailers and are not in the online catalogues. Another example is the Bagshot, which is yet another impressive shoe that I can't find in their catalogues and presumed to be discontinued.

Is there a reason for this, and what avenues do we have to find these "hidden" shoes at a reasonable price?

I emailed C&J and they quoted the Maddox at 328GBP shipped to the US. That's pretty much what I'd pay for a pair of EG Dover's during an Edward Green sale, so I'm not quite sure whether to pull the trigger, but I thought I'd post this for others to comment.

Thanks all

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The C&J catalogue lists the styles and sizes they hold "in stock", shoes that can be delivered immediately.

If you're a merchant and you place a "run" (order at least a dozen pairs of one style, and are willing to wait three or more months for the shoes to be made), the sky is the limit. C&J will produce whatever you want, be it your own design or something from the company's archives.

abrocketsfan

Reaction score
Here's the answer for others who were curious: http://plal.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0
As far as we know there are at least 3 Crockett & Jones catalogues: 1. Production catalogue (large one, A4 size) for trade use only (for retailers to custom order any combination of style, last, leather and colour. 2. Retail and Mail Order catalogue (half A4 size) where C&J does business direct with you the customer albeit via their London store. You can order one direct from them - be prepared to pay full retail though. 3. Stock Collections catalogue (half A4 size) where retailers like us can replenish and 'fill-in' even single pair quantities. Styles listed in this catalogue are stocked in the factory and turnaround time on orders is normally fast.​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics