• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Byblos suits

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes byblos suist and/or if it is quality or just the usual fashion brand stuff?

Thanks for the help!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes byblos suist and/or if it is quality or just the usual fashion brand stuff?

Thanks for the help!

I've got no idea what they're like nowadays, but I had one about 15 years ago. It was well made, on par with the upper tier suits from other fashion houses such as Versace and Armani (not their cheaper, diffusion lines but their well-made, upper-tier lines) but, like Armani and other fashion brands, I noticed that Byblos would often use artificial fibres in their suits to get drape or for visual interest.

On the positive side, I always received a lot of compliments from women when I wore the suit. On the negative side, it was definitely a fashion suit and not a work suit.

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your fast and detailed response. :slayer: Hopefully the quality hasn't gone downstairs since then.:D

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a Byblos jacket. It's fine. I personally wouldn't spend too much money on current Byblos stuff.

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a Byblos jacket. It's fine. I personally wouldn't spend too much money on current Byblos stuff.

So I suppose this means current stuff is somewhat a downgrade quality wise?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't have the longitudinal experience to comment on how it compares, just that what I have is nothing special

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info anyway it helps alot. :)

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having had a quick look at it and the type of outlet, it would appear to be cheap tat and well worth avoiding.

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having had a quick look at it and the type of outlet, it would appear to be cheap tat and well worth avoiding.

Thank you Sir. Another brand added to the tacky-fashion brand list.:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads