• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying from Pediwear

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
I have never purchased from Pediwear before, but it seems to have good policies (price match and discount by 5 percent) and prices as well as free shipping on some items.

How is import tariff into the U.S. handled when one buys from Pediwear? How many of you had to pay tariff or customs broker fee of some sort and how many of you did not?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pediwear is easy. I have placed two orders and never paid additional fees or tariffs.

Keroberos

Reaction score
I've ordered from them twice. I did not pay a tariff either time, nor have I received a back billing for one from any official source.

Tomboys

Reaction score
Any time you "import" something, you run the risk of paying tariffs. However, if the item being imported has a low declared value--say $30 USD, then it usually just passes through customs without any fanfare. I purchased a pair of C&J's recently and had no problems whatsoever.

One last note. If you pay with your credit card, your bank will probably charge you an additional service fee (@2-3% of the transaction amount) to convert your money.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Master Card charges 2% for the "foreign transaction fee" and my bank adds further 1% to that subtotal sum, which thus results in slightly more than 103 percent of the actual item price.

Thank you for all the input.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charles Schwab Visa does fee-less foreign transactions and is a great 2% cash back card on top of that. I recently replaced my Amex Blue card with this Schwab card.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of CJ's last month and paid $33 of import tax. Pediwear was great to deal with.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
I ordered a pair of CJ's last month and paid $33 of import tax. Pediwear was great to deal with.

$33 total for taxes + duties + customs brokerage fees to Canada? Not bad! Who delivered the package, was it sent EMS/Royal Air Mail and delivered by Canada Post? How did Pediwear declare the package?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems most people from Canada have to pay import tax, while those in the US rarely have too (even though there are still several cases. It depends on the state?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
$33 total for taxes + duties + customs brokerage fees to Canada? Not bad! Who delivered the package, was it sent EMS/Royal Air Mail and delivered by Canada Post? How did Pediwear declare the package?

Total, it was sent through royal mail.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Good to know. In my experience, items sent via postal service (USPS, Royal Air mail, etc) often fly under the radar, even when fully declared. When Canada Customs does catch an item, taxes aren't that bad. It's the customs brokerage fees charged by other carriers (FedEx, Puro, UPS, etc) that are killer.

metkirk

Reaction score
Great to hear that most people in the US don't have to pay duty. Can anyone tell me how fast Pediwear's shipping is? I ordered 2 pairs the other day and was wondering if they will arrive by Friday next week.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
Great to hear that most people in the US don't have to pay duty. Can anyone tell me how fast Pediwear's shipping is? I ordered 2 pairs the other day and was wondering if they will arrive by Friday next week.

They're not fast, and your shoes most likely will not arrive by next Friday. At least in my experience, that is. And I've ordered probably five or six pairs of shoes through Pediwear. They're great at pretty much everything they do, and I love them for it, but fast shippers they are not. Also, you have to keep in mind that shipments from the UK to the US are usually held up a bit in customs and sorting. That will add anywhere from a few days to a week to your ordinary shipping time.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
They're not fast, and your shoes most likely will not arrive by next Friday. At least in my experience, that is. And I've ordered probably five or six pairs of shoes through Pediwear. They're great at pretty much everything they do, and I love them for it, but fast shippers they are not. Also, you have to keep in mind that shipments from the UK to the US are usually held up a bit in customs and sorting. That will add anywhere from a few days to a week to your ordinary shipping time.

Thanks for your info. I guess I'll have to call them to change my shipping address since I'm leaving the country soon.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of C & J "Coniston" from them before. No problem. I will buy again from them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads