• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying an espresso maker for the office

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking into buying an espresso maker for the office. I am thinking about: http://www.creativecookware.com/incanto.htm

I would appreciate any insight as to opinions about this model as well as any suggestions for alternatives.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a Nespresso machine. That will simplify your life, give you an excellent espresso each cup, have the easiest maintenance and virtually no cleaning, allow you to switch to different types of coffees (decaf or not) with each cup, and can be used by colleagues - they just need to buy their own capsules (I do just that with one of my colleague's Nespresso machine). Only caveat is that capsules are a little pricey. Quality and convenience are definitely worth it for me though

deputamadre

Reaction score
I'd vote for Nespresso. When I was working for the America's Cup one of the sponsors was Nespresso, so we had boxes full of those capsules. They're easy to make, tastes great and there's no mess.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
I can't imagine getting through a morning without my Nespresso machine.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
I suggest Nespresso as well. Have one at home.

I can't imagine that in an office, however, you would want anything else. Simple, clean capsules, no mess. Price is the only drawback (a little over $0.50 per capsule), but I think it's still worth it.

That Incanto is going to take more time to make a cup of espresso, make more of a mess (when used dozens of times a day), costs significantly more, and your average office coffee-drinker isn't going to be able to taste the difference from a $400 Nespresso machine.

Get a nice non-capsule machine for your home if you're a connoisseur.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nespresso is the best. The happiest morning of my life was when we changed out our Capresso for a Nespresso. Less than half the price, better coffee and no hassles.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
Which Nespresso model would people recommend for home use?
I have the red cube and I'm happy with it. I had a less sturdy one before and it lasted 2.5 years of daily use

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
Which Nespresso model would people recommend for home use?

Originally Posted by gdl203
I have the red cube and I'm happy with it. I had a less sturdy one before and it lasted 2.5 years of daily use

I have the D150, but I don't know if they make the model anymore. Found it on Craigslist (only used once or twice - in box) for $65. Hell yeah. Retail was only $200 though.

412SW595E8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It's nice because it has a milk frother/steamer.....

Either way, it depends what you want out of a machine. They make the basic one (D100 - $160 on Ebay) without a frothing/steaming nozzle, or a lavish $800 one with digital display and milk tank (Lattissima), etc. The espresso itself is pretty much going to taste the same through any of the machines (I think they all use 19 bars of pressure).

Use the Nespresso site 'machine selector' feature to find out what might suit you:

http://www.nespresso.com/

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Eight replies now - all for Nespresso. Go on, drink the koolaid.

I take it you disapprove -- care to elaborate? I suspect that if I were to get this system for the office, my Italian friends will wrinkle their noses at it. Are there other, perhaps more valid reasons to avoid that particular brand of "kool-aid"?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I suspect that if I were to get this system for the office, my Italian friends will wrinkle their noses at it.
Not after they taste it. I bet good virtual money that they'll want espresso from your machine

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I take it you disapprove -- care to elaborate? I suspect that if I were to get this system for the office, my Italian friends will wrinkle their noses at it. Are there other, perhaps more valid reasons to avoid that particular brand of "kool-aid"?

Originally Posted by gdl203
Not after they taste it. I bet good virtual money that they'll want espresso from your machine

It is my understanding, and experience, that Nespresso is much more appreciated in Italy and France than in the US. Since these two countries are on the very short list of places where you can find a good espresso, I wouldn't worry about what the CanadItalians think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads