• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying a Used Car: ~2007 Acura TSX?

.bishop

Reaction score
Toyota's and Honda's will last you forever so long as you give them the oil changes.

plus everyone knows how easy it is to take care of them mechanically.

you can't go wrong, jsut make sure to get the previous maintenance reciepts and such.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A used modern car is fine and a much better buy than a new car. For me at least, coming from generally 10-15 year old cars, I cannot tell the difference between a brand new car and a 5 year old car (unless it was a ****** car to begin with).

I would go for a low mileage 2004-05 TSX. Solid cars. Basically a sportier same year Accord. Decent performance, good gas mileage and cheap maintenance, with a good driving experience. Go for it

grey456

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Thanks for the replies, guys. Gonna find a dealership to test drive soon.

I just got rid of an 06 TSX, it was a great car and gave me no trouble over 4 years.

sjd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by .bishop
Toyota's and Honda's will last you forever so long as you give them the oil changes. plus everyone knows how easy it is to take care of them mechanically. you can't go wrong, jsut make sure to get the previous maintenance reciepts and such.
For the most part yes, but then there was the problem with the TL's automatic transmissions failing. So I would stick with the TSX over the TL suggestion.
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Basically a sportier same year Accord.
This is wrong. The TSX is the European and Japanese Accord. It shares nothing with the U.S. model.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The first generation TSX is a great car, one of the last great Honda/Acura models sold in North America. $20K seems like a lot for a 2007MY car with mileage, because I thought they were only $25K or so new off the lots, anyone confirm? I remember them being around that (essentially with navigation being the only real option) when I looked at them at the time.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjd
For the most part yes, but then there was the problem with the TL's automatic transmissions failing. So I would stick with the TSX over the TL suggestion. This is wrong. The TSX is the European and Japanese Accord. It shares nothing with the U.S. model.
Don't.... They share the same basic engine (TSX has true DOHC VTEC), suspension (springs/shocks are interchangeable between the two cars), and IIRC even a similar dash design. The TSX is indeed the Euro Accord, but like the previous Euro Accord it shared most of its hardware with the US version.... And the TL's transmission problems ended with the 2004+ version....

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't....

They share the same basic engine (TSX has true DOHC VTEC), suspension (springs/shocks are interchangeable between the two cars), and IIRC even a similar dash design. The TSX is indeed the Euro Accord, but like the previous Euro Accord it shared most of its hardware with the US version....

And the TL's transmission problems ended with the 2004+ version....

'same basic' and similar do not equal the same.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
'same basic' and similar do not equal the same.
They are about 90% identical mechanically.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjd
I know for a fact they are not 90% identical. What's your source?
Service manuals, having worked on friends' cars, talking to service techs about them etc. If they have significant mechanical differences what are they?

sjd

Reaction score
Service manuals, having worked on friends' cars, talking to service techs about them etc. If they have significant mechanical differences what are they?

The K20 vs the K24 for starters. They are also vastly different in size, width and length. They share no interior parts or exterior body parts.

My point is that 90% is wrong. Even the Ford Fiesta and Mazda2, 2 cars that were developed alongside each other only have a mere 30% parts even though you would think it is more.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjd
The K20 vs the K24 for starters. They are also vastly different in size, width and length. They share no interior parts or exterior body parts.

My point is that 90% is wrong. Even the Ford Fiesta and Mazda2, 2 cars that were developed alongside each other only have a mere 30% parts even though you would think it is more.

The TSX has a K24
smile.gif

90% was an exaggeration, obviously the cars have different interiors and exteriors, but most parts in the engine bays and suspensions are indeed the same or interchangeable w/o much incident. I think the engines might even have the same heads actually; the TSX only has VTEC on the intake cam like the Accord. They are like the Focus w/the 2.3 MZR vs Mazda 3 or other cars with different exteriors and nearly identical underpinnings. And the TSX IS an Accord elsewhere. "The TSX is basically a sporty Accord" is not a baseless statement.

Stanley

Reaction score
Cheapest cars are nowadays available with luxurious amenities and fully loaded features. These cars are easily available and are well maintained. So, I advise you to buy from registered second hand car sellers instead of private parties so as to avoid the bitter consequences in the future.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Have you considered trying b&s ?

Now, that's FUNNY!

Originally Posted by runner-guy
I agree. I don't think you can wrong with either Lexus or Acura. Both incredibly reliable brands.

I like Infinity the most because they are related to Nissan and I loved my old Nissan. It was very reliable car to me for SIX MONTHS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads