• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Clothing Lines

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone clear up the differences between the Burberry lines? From what I've read on the forum the Prorsum line seems to be the most sought after and the Burberry London line seems to be lower quality.

I'm confused about how to tell the Prorsum line from pre-1999 Burberry based on the label. I see a lot of low-quality Burberry jackets and suits, with a label showing the knight-jumping holding a prorsum flag. I can't imagine this is from from the top Prorsum line. Are they just old? What does the new Prorsum label look like? Are Burberry London jackets fused to hell like what I've read?

Is this Prorsum, or old? How can you tell? (I'm not interested in the jacket, just curious)
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

And is this the lower line?
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

If I knew how to put the images in the post directly, I would have, sorry.

maufic

Reaction score
I found this online:

There are at least two types of Burberry labels, the first one reads 'Burberrys' (First character is capital B, the rest are small and with s. The single quotes are also written) and the second one reads BURBERRY (all capital, without s). The Burberry main office in London has confirmed that they are both authentic The company changed the label from 'Burberrys' to BURBERRY 9 years ago.

Maurizio

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads