Budget Friendly Unsanforized Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AAJJLLPP, Jun 22, 2013.

1. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

I am hoping to find a pair of unsanforized jeans in a slim/skinny cut for around 150$ or less. Other than 501's (which I find baggy for my body) I have not been able to find anything unsanforized that costs much less than 250$. I don't really want to go through the trouble of tailoring the 501's for something that might fit. Selvedge would be a nice bonus but by no means required. Do you know of any jeans like this or should I just hope for a sale?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

why are you looking specifically for unsanforized?

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

4. 5354

5354 Senior member

I just hope you realize unsan has a decreased life span when compared to sanforized.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

5. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Thats a fairly broad generalization which isn't true considering the various construction factors of a fabric.

6. 5354

5354 Senior member

Well if we were to compare two identical jeans, with one being unsanforized and hotsoaked to one being unsanforized and then put through a sanforizing machine, I would think the one that is put through the sanforizing machine would last longer.

I'm pretty sure I read that in one of your SuFu posts.

7. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Yup, thats what i said. But i wouldn't say what you said without some sort of explanation that the identical fabric treated two ways will last differently because thats never an option for a customer. There is no brand out there selling the same jean in both sanforized and unsanforized versions.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I always prefer unsanforized to sanforized, but it's for a different reason than most. You see, I have a tiny face growing out of my left thigh. It's non functional, like it can't see or smell or hold conversations or anything, but it's still there, and I still need to accommodate it. With unsanforized denim, I can slip into the bathtub and emerge an hour later with a pair of jeans that fits perfectly over both thighs-- even my little thigh face. Perhaps OP is in a similar situation.

9. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

I am not too worried about a bit less durability, I do not think it is a big enough difference to cause concern,and I have seen lots of unsanforized jeans where people get loads of life out of them. Also I am interested in unsanforized partly beacause I have heard they mold to your body much nicer, but I think I am mostly interested in them because they are more like what jeans originally were, and it's just something a bit different to try.
    Thanks those look like a nice option.

10. name

name Senior member

You may try Japan Blue Jeans as well. Same store - same price - more available styles:
    http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/japan-blue
    Dunno if one is better than the other, though.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013