• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Budget Friendly Unsanforized Denim

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
I am hoping to find a pair of unsanforized jeans in a slim/skinny cut for around 150$ or less. Other than 501's (which I find baggy for my body) I have not been able to find anything unsanforized that costs much less than 250$. I don't really want to go through the trouble of tailoring the 501's for something that might fit. Selvedge would be a nice bonus but by no means required. Do you know of any jeans like this or should I just hope for a sale?

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why are you looking specifically for unsanforized?

Reaction score
I just hope you realize unsan has a decreased life span when compared to sanforized.

Last edited:

Reaction score

Thats a fairly broad generalization which isn't true considering the various construction factors of a fabric.

Well if we were to compare two identical jeans, with one being unsanforized and hotsoaked to one being unsanforized and then put through a sanforizing machine, I would think the one that is put through the sanforizing machine would last longer.

I'm pretty sure I read that in one of your SuFu posts.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well if we were to compare two identical jeans, with one being unsanforized and hotsoaked to one being unsanforized and then put through a sanforizing machine, I would think the one that is put through the sanforizing machine would last longer.

I'm pretty sure I read that in one of your SuFu posts.

Yup, thats what i said. But i wouldn't say what you said without some sort of explanation that the identical fabric treated two ways will last differently because thats never an option for a customer. There is no brand out there selling the same jean in both sanforized and unsanforized versions.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always prefer unsanforized to sanforized, but it's for a different reason than most. You see, I have a tiny face growing out of my left thigh. It's non functional, like it can't see or smell or hold conversations or anything, but it's still there, and I still need to accommodate it. With unsanforized denim, I can slip into the bathtub and emerge an hour later with a pair of jeans that fits perfectly over both thighs-- even my little thigh face. Perhaps OP is in a similar situation.

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
I am not too worried about a bit less durability, I do not think it is a big enough difference to cause concern,and I have seen lots of unsanforized jeans where people get loads of life out of them. Also I am interested in unsanforized partly beacause I have heard they mold to your body much nicer, but I think I am mostly interested in them because they are more like what jeans originally were, and it's just something a bit different to try.
Andrew at 3Sixteen has been pushing the "unsanforized denim ages better" idea; maybe it's that. (funny that almost all 3Sixteens are sanforized.)

it is an interesting question. I found one option right at $150:

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/senio/products/se-28

Thanks those look like a nice option.

name

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads