1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Budget Friendly Unsanforized Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AAJJLLPP, Jun 22, 2013.

1. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

I am hoping to find a pair of unsanforized jeans in a slim/skinny cut for around 150$ or less. Other than 501's (which I find baggy for my body) I have not been able to find anything unsanforized that costs much less than 250$. I don't really want to go through the trouble of tailoring the 501's for something that might fit. Selvedge would be a nice bonus but by no means required. Do you know of any jeans like this or should I just hope for a sale?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

why are you looking specifically for unsanforized?

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

4. 5354

5354 Senior member

I just hope you realize unsan has a decreased life span when compared to sanforized.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  5. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thats a fairly broad generalization which isn't true considering the various construction factors of a fabric.

6. 5354

5354 Senior member

Well if we were to compare two identical jeans, with one being unsanforized and hotsoaked to one being unsanforized and then put through a sanforizing machine, I would think the one that is put through the sanforizing machine would last longer.

I'm pretty sure I read that in one of your SuFu posts.

7. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yup, thats what i said. But i wouldn't say what you said without some sort of explanation that the identical fabric treated two ways will last differently because thats never an option for a customer. There is no brand out there selling the same jean in both sanforized and unsanforized versions.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I always prefer unsanforized to sanforized, but it's for a different reason than most. You see, I have a tiny face growing out of my left thigh. It's non functional, like it can't see or smell or hold conversations or anything, but it's still there, and I still need to accommodate it. With unsanforized denim, I can slip into the bathtub and emerge an hour later with a pair of jeans that fits perfectly over both thighs-- even my little thigh face. Perhaps OP is in a similar situation.

1 person likes this.
  9. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

I am not too worried about a bit less durability, I do not think it is a big enough difference to cause concern,and I have seen lots of unsanforized jeans where people get loads of life out of them. Also I am interested in unsanforized partly beacause I have heard they mold to your body much nicer, but I think I am mostly interested in them because they are more like what jeans originally were, and it's just something a bit different to try.
    Thanks those look like a nice option.

10. name

name Senior member

You may try Japan Blue Jeans as well. Same store - same price - more available styles:
    http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/japan-blue
    Dunno if one is better than the other, though.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013