• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@makewayhomer, get them! They're even better in the flesh!
Mine were too big and had to be switched for tobacco but I still hanker for those whiskey ones. Just get them!!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@chosenhandle Excellent! Looking forward to seeing photos of them in the wild.

@makewayhomer Ozzy is an unimpeachable authority on his subject.

Those will be stunning shoes, which we want to see here in the thread. Ed will make sure you get exactly what you want. No pressure Ed. ;)

I really don't know if there's any easier way to get into a pair of beautifully made, classic shell wingtips made to your specs than this, and at a really good price with nice extras like shoe trees and metal taps all in the price.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoes are currently in stock in Oxblood cordovan but can be ordered in a variety of leathers/cordovan. The boots are only available through MTO right now, also in multiple leathers/cordovan. No up charge for made to order

Hi Ed! Will Buday make shows in extended widths? I wear 44.5 H in Vass U last.

I don't suppose they stock Navy shell, do they? ;)

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goodness gracious, those are gorgeous as well. I hope you picked up at least a pair.

I must say, the first spectators shown, the honey/white (perhaps cognac?) is an interestingly unique and stunning design in my opinion.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So so many beautiful shoes. :drool:

Personally I have to admire the DGAF attitude of many of these makeups. I don't know if they are selling these RTW or more showing that they'll just make you what you want pretty much whatever that is. And the classics are extremely tasteful.

Here are two plain Jane ones I like:

Let's play the what lasts are they game... I think the suede is on the Tizsa and the smooth leather one is on the Franko.

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi Ed! Will Buday make shows in extended widths? I wear 44.5 H in Vass U last.

I don't suppose they stock Navy shell, do they? ;)

Navy shell yes and they do offer wider widths although is not the way typical shoe makers do. Rather than offering you a wide width in Last A, they offer you Last B, C or D which go up in width. But an H Vass would probably fit in the Frakno2 but shoot me a PM or email and we can discuss in detail.

Wodo

Reaction score
Dear Forummembers,

does anyone has experience with Buday Argentinian horse leather (not Horween shell codovan)?

Thank you for your answers

With kind regards

Wodo

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one pair of Buday from Budapest in August. I am very happy with the purchase. The quality has been great and the Budapester last in a chukka was exactly what I was looking for. They are on the BP39 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics