• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Xmas Promotion

why4009

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find specific measurements for brooks brother 1818 suits? The website doesn't show shoulders sleeves etc. Thanks.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing special about them, I guess, just that they're... argyle, wool blend, over the calf, come in lots of patterns and would have been a little over $10/pair on sale.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ataturk
Nothing special about them, I guess, just that they're... argyle, wool blend, over the calf, come in lots of patterns and would have been a little over $10/pair on sale.
BB has nice argyle socks, but the regular price is more than I'm willing to pay. IIRC, the cashmere blended argyles are around $45.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received his BF order? My BF order keeps getting delayed,it is now January 31
devil.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Has anyone received his BF order? My BF order keeps getting delayed,it is now January 31
devil.gif

No, I haven't. I just checked and my order has been pushed back to January 30th. I don't understand how sale items can take over a month to ship.
devil.gif
I may end of up canceling my order if it's pushed back again.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
No, I haven't. I just checked and my order has been pushed back to January 30th. I don't understand how sale items can take over a month to ship.
devil.gif

I ordered cashmere sweaters,I have a feeling that they will arrive when the winter is over,if that. When I placed my order,it said it would ship out on Jan. 7,it was pushed back 3 times after that.Very frustrating. By the way,did anyone get those extra slim shirts? I returned mine as they were little uncomfortable, they made the shirts slim but I felt like I had to size up as it was little too slim in the chest area.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
devil.gif

Originally Posted by JayJay
devil.gif

Yep, mine too. I did get one of the 6 extra slim fit shirts I ordered..
plain.gif

On the bright side, these are the best fitting of any of the BB shirts I have tried, which are the GF, BF, and slim fit. Now if only they'd make these with a Black Fleece finish/quality.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Yep, mine too. I did get one of the 6 extra slim fit shirts I ordered..
plain.gif

On the bright side, these are the best fitting of any of the BB shirts I have tried, which are the GF, BF, and slim fit. Now if only they'd make these with a Black Fleece finish/quality.

So the extra slim fit shirts work for you? I felt like they were too tight,almost to the point that made me feel uncomfortable so they went back.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the extra slim fit shirts work for you? I felt like they were too tight,almost to the point that made me feel uncomfortable so they went back.

Yeah, I've got to say, they fit great. I was worried when that other guy wrote about the sensation of being choked..
ffffuuuu.gif
Not an element I look for in a shirt. However, they are perfect for me, and I will probably end up slowly switching over to this fit over time.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered cashmere sweaters,I have a feeling that they will arrive when the winter is over,if that. When I placed my order,it said it would ship out on Jan. 7,it was pushed back 3 times after that.Very frustrating.
By the way,did anyone get those extra slim shirts? I returned mine as they were little uncomfortable, they made the shirts slim but I felt like I had to size up as it was little too slim in the chest area.

My BF order was placed on 12/26 also for sweaters and originally scheduled for shipping on 1/16. I also fear the order will come at the end of the season which is why I may end up canceling if the ship date is delayed again. All other non-BF items I ordered were shipped and arrived before New Years Day.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I received my 3 slim fit shirts and 2 pair milano slim fit chinos a few days ago. Didn't order any BF but I'd still buy the chesterfield if it drops in price again.

They'll probably send those items to the outlets though
frown.gif

I doubt there is going to be a lot at outlets these year, based on these delays,I doubt that they even have those BF items in stock. Maybe they are waiting for them to be made?
On another note,I heard that RL is doing inventory consolidation,most of the PL stuff is being sent somewhere,I wonder where those items are going to end up.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Didn't order any BF but I'd still buy the chesterfield if it drops in price again.

The Chesterfield is nice. I have the navy cashmere and like it a lot. I'll likely have it taken in on the sides a little because it's a bit more full than I think it should be; otherwise, it fits well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teatree