• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase ideas for workin in banks?

theRegulator

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster.

I'm looking to find a quality briefcase to bring with me when I'm working in banks. From what I've been told, I won't have to wear a suit, but it'll be business casual or business professional most of the time. I like the looks of the fold-over tops, but I'm open to different styles and suggestions depending on the looks.

I would need the briefcase to be able to hold:

• Laptop
  • Files/paperwork
  • other misc. small items I might need at the office

Pretty basic I suppose. I'll be in Iowa for 8 months so I would need it to not get destroyed from a little snow or rain if possible.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking around the office and I can't see anyone with a briefcase - most people seem to just bring a rucksack if they need to carry a laptop and papers. That said, we are on SF so lets assume you want to up your game a little.

I love brown cases, but you're going to be working in a bank in Iowa so simply carrying a case will make you stand out enough, let alone if it's something which stands out. I'd go for a fairly simple black model. I'd agree with your suggestion on something with a flap - if you have a hinged case you'll need to put it down and open it up fully to get anything out or put anything in, which is something of a pain and also draws further attention to the case.

They've stopped selling them, but I'd start by looking for something like this from Narragansett:

http://www.narragansettleathers.com/brief.html

mlongano

Reaction score
I would suggest purchasing whichever case you like without regard to where you currently work.

A good case will last you the rest of your life...your present career will most likely not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads