• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

ErikW

Reaction score
I commissioned this a month or so ago, and received it a week ago. Certainly similar to the Paternoster in design, but highly customized to my own personal specifications. While I have not seen a new Paternoster in person, I greatly prefer the look of the bridle leather on my own bag. It has a lot of depth, while the Paternoster's leather, in photos at least, looks almost painted orange.

Price was a fraction of the Paternoster's. PM me if you'd like details.

View attachment 854574

View attachment 854575

View attachment 854576

Gorgeous, any photos of the interior?

EvanNole

Reaction score
Gorgeous, any photos of the interior?
Thanks!

Here are a few interior and other detailed shots.

Front section is about 2" deep and has 3 pen slots, a sleeve for a phone, another for business cards and a slightly larger, gusseted pocket for my Bose noise cancelling headphones in their neoprene case. (I travel quite a bit and intend this as a carry-on bag as well as a daily case for work.)

Middle section is very slim, about 1" deep, and carries my laptop. It's very well padded with high density foam at the bottom. If empty, it pretty much collapses on itself at the top, which is nice as it makes the overall case slimmer.

Rear section is quite deep, 3.5-4". This is where I will put the bulk of my travel paraphernalia - CoolMax travel blanket, book, iPad, etc. There's also an open pouch pocket that covers the entire inside divider in this section - perfect for the iPad and other small items that you might not want kicking around loose.

Both the front and rear zipped pockets are made of suede and are very wide and deep.

The bottom zipper on the rear opens to convert the rear newspaper pocket into a trolley sleeve for my rollaboard suitcase handle. The brass studs at the top keep the case from flopping around.

The case is largely unlined, which helps keep the weight down. There's suede on the inside where it's necessary for esthetics or structure (concealing the back side of the lock, reinforcing the external pockets, etc.) but the bridle leather is pretty nicely finished on the inside, too, so lining is, for the most part, unnecessary.

Feel free to ask any other questions!

5E510FFA-2EF1-4C69-8974-7E236B3837ED.jpeg

BD35FCEC-5D30-4866-8D55-67F42689E1E0.jpeg

4F3C162C-96AF-48A9-BEEA-233A659386E2.jpeg

0BD4FB38-0C4B-4D35-82D9-AE908A5E85E7.jpeg

1B075447-7F96-4084-839E-082BAB4B4095.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Frank Clegg came with a strap and I use it. Great when I travel. Sometimes I need a free hand.

Same here. I have 2 go to brief cases (leather Coach and a canvas/leather mix Cerrutti) and I will use the shoulder strap as required. If I don't need it, I detach and put away.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads