• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brands for tall, rail thin men

nexd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried searching the forums for this, but I couldn't come up with anything.

What are some brands that will fit and look good on tall and extraordinarily skinny men? I'm talking 6,2 and 140 pounds. 36L/46(italian)L suit size. The skinniest of the skinny brands. I know this is a tall order, but some of you have to be knowledgeable enough to give the skinny on these brands.

No price limit, I just want to know the brands so I know them in case there are ever sales or something that bring their prices down to a more affordable level. Obviously if there are inexpensive brands list them as well.

I'll start the list with brands that I've heard are very skinny, and I'd appreciate if people could help me out by adding some more or correcting me if I'm wrong. If anyone can point me towards specific pieces or just show pictures of how these clothes fit that would also be appreciated. Thanks!

- Dior
- Balenciaga
- Jil Sander
- Raf Simons (?)
- Yves Saint Laurent (a guess because Hedi Slimane is now creative director if I'm not mistaken)
- Armani (sometimes)
- Dolce and Gabanna (I own a pullover from them that fits really well. not too tight, but still form fitting)

Last edited:

gambit50

Reaction score
"No price limit" dictates MTM or bespoke. Usually, so many respond with this answer when it is not within financial reach for the poster. I assume that when they do not state a budget(though everyone should) but since you specified, the solution fits.
Seriously, if you have an unlimited(or practically so) budget, you can have one to fit your shape, no problem.

Last edited:

nexd

Reaction score
MTM or bespoke is certainly an option for some things, but to be clear I said no price limit to encourage people to just name the slimmest fitting brands without considering cost. I've been able to occasionally find great pieces on enormous discounts and it would be useful to have a list of brands to keep my eyes open for when sales happen.

Ironduke, thanks for posting that other thread, there's a lot of good info in there.

Midnight

Reaction score
You may also want to look at Hugo Boss shirts. They are generally slimmer than the mainline brands like Thomas Pink, Charles Tyrwhitt, TM Lewin and Brooks Brothers.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a price limit, then you should try mtm shirts. From what I've seen, you can get them starting at about $80, and you can make them as long and thin as you want. I got a few from Indochino yesterday. They are great.

Magnus357

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Black Label is very slim. My favorite suit of all time, but most of their non-suit apparel is a bit fashion forward or sporty for me. Suits are pure awesome though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads