• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bought some shoes online they came in the wrong color. What should I do?

Texmo

Reaction score
Shipping will cost about $65 to send them back and then and other $65 to get them again that's an extra $130. Who should pay for this and what should I do?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
where did you get them from?
it seems like it is their error so they should cover the shipping costs. call them up and scream that's how i get money off all my bills
fistbump.gif

chet31

Reaction score
Assuming everthing is as you describe, their error, their shipping, simple as.

Texmo

Reaction score
I didnt want to be a pain so I thought I would just keep them. I went to put them on and one of the hooks that hold the laces in place up to top just broke off. Man this is a pain ***********....

Texmo

Reaction score
where did you get them from?
it seems like it is their error so they should cover the shipping costs. call them up and scream that's how i get money off all my bills
fistbump.gif

They are in the UK and I am in Australia so I dont want to call them. I sent an email and I got an instant reply. Just waiting to hear back from them.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Assuming everthing is as you describe, their error, their shipping, simple as.

Is it just me who doesnt get these type of threads?? As above there really isnt anything to discuss here, you placed an order they didnt fullfill. Point this out to the supplier with grace and ask they either refund or replace, please dont make this any more complicated than it is. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time give them the opportunity to rectify, dont be too hasty to besmirch them as they might actually act with similar grace.

Texmo

Reaction score
Is it just me who doesnt get these type of threads?? As above there really isnt anything to discuss here, you placed an order they didnt fullfill. Point this out to the supplier with grace and ask they either refund or replace, please dont make this any more complicated than it is. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time give them the opportunity to rectify, dont be too hasty to besmirch them as they might actually act with similar grace.
I have been sent an offer that they will replace the hook (send it out in the post) but I have to pay to get a cobbler to fit it and they will give me a 20 pound refund.

HughJ

Reaction score

+1. Their mistake.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been sent an offer that they will replace the hook (send it out in the post) but I have to pay to get a cobbler to fit it and they will give me a 20 pound refund.
What on earth kind of company are you working with? They sent you a defective product from the looks of it. If they sent you the wrong color, that is their fault, not yours. I think you need to provide more details in order the forvmites to give you more informed advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads