• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue SC with white buttons - what do you think?

Mimosa

Reaction score
Hello all:

I just got my new bespoke sport coat from the tailors. I asked for white buttons which I think aren't popular but I like how it makes the jacket look more casual. Comments on fit, button choice, etc? I know there is some button pull which looks worse than it is from the camera angle.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is not to my taste, but the buttons are fine.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way the front and the lapels are cut makes it look small on you. On closer examination trying to avoid looking at the lapels, it looks okay, but that's just odd tailoring. The chest is just cut incredibly awkwardly.

The white buttons, however, look good. I've seen at least one other like that on SF, and enjoyed it. That one had a somewhat lighter fabric as well, struck me as a stunning summer piece.

Last edited:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit for your "bespoke" jacket is horrendous

I've seen ready to wear that looks better

Your jacket is too short, too tight, and doesn't fit (look at the collar gap)

White buttons on blue jackets/blazers is so overdone now. You are about 4 years behind the times

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to the above 2 posts... but white buttons aren't that bad. In fact I just sewed some on my navy blazer. It's getting warmer here in Chile.

Taylorstav

Reaction score
Letting the waist out might help the gap at the collar no?

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like the white buttons but the buttoning point seems too high

Mimosa

Reaction score

Letting the waist out might help the gap at the collar no?

Here is another picture with the buttons undone and cropped differently. I'm short (5'4") and I think we tried to get the jacket proportions so that I don't look "small." Thanks for the feedback on the fit.

Mim

Mimosa

Reaction score

The fit for your "bespoke" jacket is horrendous

I've seen ready to wear that looks better

Your jacket is too short, too tight, and doesn't fit (look at the collar gap)

White buttons on blue jackets/blazers is so overdone now. You are about 4 years behind the times

Ouch. But thanks for the feedback. Button color was my choice. I guess I never noticed white buttons on jackets consciously, but I don't recall seeing that light on dark contrast much. Maybe it is more trendy than classic, but I like how it looks.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's mine, linen PRL, white MOP buttons, purchased on here:

Love the white buttons, it adds a nice contrast to an otherwise, well, just another navy jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads