• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blondys Bay Auctions disappeared?

Stereojeff

Reaction score
Through the years I've purchased a number of items throught EBay seller Blondys Bay Auctions. Now I wonder what's happened.

With a feedback score of nearly 15,000, they've had zero listings for the last week (approximatley). Does anyone know what's happened?

And is anyone else holding the bag for a missing item?

Jeff

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good riddance let's hope. Perhaps they crossed a threshold for complaints?

Edit: No, they're definitely still up, just with no listings. Maybe the people running it just went on vacation?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their shipping has gotten ridiculously slow.

For NWT items they are OK.

But for their "Excellent" and NWOT items Blondys Bay Auctions are basically throwing sh*t on the wall and seeing if it will stick. They're hardly better than prayerwarrior02 for non NWT items!

I remember my friend pejsek, the Thrift King, calling Blondys Bay the " Great Russian Trawler of Thrifters" They might have been that once, but for the last few years their inventory has gotten a lot better. AAMOF their inventory is pretty good. Lots of NWT stuff from Brioni, Bijan, Canali, etc. I wonder where they get it?

Anyway, their customer service sucked and never seemed to get better.

It is strange that on operation like Blondys would have no listings. I have no idea if they are out of business or not. Keep checking their feedback and see if there are a lot of complaints.

s4usea

Reaction score
It's probably something far less sinister. The most common reason eBay cancels a sellers auctions en masse is due to shipping policies that violate eBay's terms of service.

Stereojeff

Reaction score
Blondys finally answered my email inquiry this AM. Say they had technical difficulties for 3 days last week and are shipping my item today.

I'll be glad to get my tie, but the situation is still weird. As reported in the "buying section" a seller called "MySnappyDeals" was resurrected a couple of weeks ago after 2 years of inactivity. Except for the name, they are identical (items, photos, copy, etc.) to Blondys.

Jeff

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
They're hardly better than prayerwarrior02 for non NWT items!

speaking of...does anybody know who that is? any good at all? prayerwarrior that is...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blondys Bay is back as an active account.

But they have no items for sale currently.

And they've made their feedback private.

What a strange operation, they and their sister companies (beverlyhillsbazzaar, and mysnappydeals) are!

It seems like at one point, one if not all three of these companies might go South. Has anyone had problems or success with them yet?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
speaking of...does anybody know who that is? any good at all? prayerwarrior that is...

General consensus here, as I recall, has been that her representations regarding product condition are less than reliable.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed 1 order with blondy and 1 order with beverlyhillsbazaar -- just got the first item (from blondys) in 11 days to Canada. Appears NWT and as described; paid about 5% of retail price according to auction or 8% of price according to the tag (may be a sale price). This was my first attempt with any of their accounts.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two ties from her recently, both 'MINT': the first arrived in bad condition, the second she screwed up and shipped the wrong tie. Offered to allow me to return it. I won't shop with her again.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
General consensus here, as I recall, has been that her representations regarding product condition are less than reliable.

I've only made the mistake of buying something from her once - a BB suit that was supposedly "mint with no faults". When I received it, it was immediately clear that the trousers were almost worn through and there was a reasonably large tear to the trouser side seam, running from the trouser pocket down the trouser leg for a couple of centimetres. I e-mailed her immediately and she told me to return it for a full refund. Well, it's been quite a few weeks now and so I've opened PayPal and eBay disputes.

I had heard some criticism of her before, but the suit was in a pattern that I really wanted (blue plaid with red overcheck) and was cheap, so I let my guard down...

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a suit from them that in the inner tag picture it clearly said 38R. When I received the suit the tag in the pants said 38R but the size in the jacket tag had been colored over with a marker. When I wiped it off I saw that it was actually a 38S.

Uncool!

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy quite a bit from Blondys Bay Auctions' "new" alter ego - Beverly Hills Bazaar. All items have been as described and shipped fast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads