• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazers out on the town

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to mess up a blazer and jeans. Just make sure that the jacket isn't too heavily constructed, and that the shoulders are relatively soft, and you're set. Navy Blazer+ Light Jeans Navy Blazer+Dark Jeans Navy Blazer+Faded Dark Jeans Charcoal Blazer+Jeans Grey Blazer+Jeans Red Blazer+Jeans Red Blazer+Jeans #2 Black/Charcoal Blazer+Jeans Black Blazer+Jeans (the "Douchey" one) ^That is without getting in to sport coats, which work out great jeans too. Like everything else, it just about fit. I would avoid things like pinstripes though.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we still actually debating whether or not this works? The big blazers/jeans issue of GQ came out in like 2004.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Blazers, sportcoats, and jeans have been working for years. If you want to take it to the next level just wear a blazer without pants.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
If you want to take it to the next level just wear a blazer without pants.

Yes, I do recommend this look for the woman in your avatar.

Eyud29

Reaction score
I sort of agree that blazers and jeans can easily stray into the realm of douchetosity, you need to wear it right, and it also depends on the situation you're in. That said, my .02:
I think that the material is very important. If you're wearing some shiny dressy material with jeans, i think you're doing it wrong. Go for a more relaxed material, maybe one with some texture, that matches up with jeans... one of the things about the blazer/jean combo is that good jeans should show some wear, and be a little beat up... blazers not so much. I also like a different color than the usual black/dark blue. I've got a beat up brownish herringbone blazer from Salvation Army (shh!) I wear sometimes, and I like that.

Also, if it's done right, I like pushed/rolled up sleeves.

rolled-up-blazer.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't like the blazers w/ jeans look myself. Nice alternative would be a lightweight cardigan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads