• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Jeans go well with...

studite

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of Nudie Thin Finn in Black Black, and I was curious to know what kind of colors/clothing go well with black jeans.

Also, I have some brown Blundstones but I don't know if they would go with Black jeans...
boxing[1].gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im thinking anything that isn't so dark that it could be mistaken for black but obviously isn't when the two are put next to each other.

v84

Reaction score
Im pretty sure black jeans look better with brown shoes than black shoes, I think black shoes are too formal for denim regardless of colour.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I really only wear black, brown, or white with my black jeans...red too, wear some red.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be wearing red tiger fleece with black RB6 today - I think almost any color looks good with black except like navy blue but PG2G already highlighted that.. imho..

Analog

Reaction score
I like pretty much the entire spectrum of greys - and certain shades of blue - with my blacks. I tend toward cooler colours, and prefer subtle colour transitions, with maybe one "accent". But yea, like others have pointed out, Noir goes with everything
smile.gif

tangerine

Reaction score
The brown blunnies should look great with black Finns.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MC opinion is that brown shoes do not go with black pants, obviously, and I'd guess the aesthetic reasons for this extend to denim. Instead, they recommend burgundy / cordovan. Over here in SW, dark grey shoes should also be an option. Or you could always go for something light enough that they're simply complementary.

thereverend

Reaction score
I have never felt comfortable wearing black jeans with brown shoes, I don't know why. It just has never looked great to my eyes. Kind of like wearing black jeans with a dark blue hoodie, I have never thought that the dark/dark but not black/black looked right. Just me though!

corbu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thereverend
I have never felt comfortable wearing black jeans with brown shoes, I don't know why. It just has never looked great to my eyes. Kind of like wearing black jeans with a dark blue hoodie, I have never thought that the dark/dark but not black/black looked right. Just me though!
maybe not dark brown, but your tans would work nice

with a matching belt, i think it'd look good
NUDI-MJ15_V1.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thereverend

I have a pair of great brown ofords like a reddish tan that I think look great with my black jeans. However, I also wear my black jeans with a dark blue v-neck and like the look.

manifest v

Reaction score
I wear my black dry crates with my black suede boots for dressy occaisons sometimes. I also wear 'em with my white boots. And I will definitely wear 'em with my grey frye engineer boots.

197311689d72c986540mdb8.jpg

87240gryqk8.jpg

Oh and corbu,

NUDI-MJ15_V1.jpg

what makes this work is the brown/orange contrast stitching and the slight fade on the pants. It also helps mebbe if the shoe has a few black details like a black sole.

And to P2G2G, there has been many instances where dark colors work together well. Just look at the sartorialist's site, he always features a black on black or dark on dark ensemble at least once a month it seems. I gotta say, my darker pairs of denim are the most versatile pieces of my wardrobe.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yall are trippin, I do black and navy all the time straight gangsta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads