• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Birthday Party/Dinner

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Yes this is what I've done Matt. Since I am paying I am also looking at places that have both semi-private rooms/tables and can do a $60-$90/pp prix fixe menu for me. So far most of those places seem Asian themed (Morimoto, Megu, Wakiya, EN Japanese Bistro, Buddha Bar, Buddhakan).

There is nothing in my book that is classier than when someone picks up the tab for everyone on their birthday. Well done, SoCal. You are what my mom would call a 'mench'. Actually, she would say, "That Faygala in the funny suit is a real mensh."

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ur missing goyish in front of faygala!

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
ur missing goyish in front of faygala!

That's a given, my mother would assume that only Goyium would wear Thom Browne and pay retail for it, no less...she has a point.

I still think picking up the tab is class and very goyish.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hes a faklempt mashugana if you ask me!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
I still think picking up the tab is class and very goyish.
How typically ashkenazi ! We sephardics love to throw parties and pick up the tab. The more you pay, the better (as long as everyone knows you did)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
FWIW I do have to start at like 10pm to give my semi-Frum friend time to get her tookus down there.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TGI Fridays throws a bangin' birthday party. You get yourself some Jack Daniels ribs and shrimp with a 22 oz glass of Sam. Then, the waiters come around and sing you happy birthday and throw in some free cake. It's off the hook.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be an Asian restaurant? Depending on the # of guests, I'd book the cellar room at Il Buco for a private party with friends in that price range. Half of the restaurants mentioned here will be above that range

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
No it doesn't; but, I did notice the theme of most those that I could think of off the top of my head were Asian.
I was thinking about the cellar room at Paris Commune too; but, so that everyone is entertained I wanted something more "happening" and not totally private.

maclovin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
TGI Fridays throws a bangin' birthday party. You get yourself some Jack Daniels ribs and shrimp with a 22 oz glass of Sam. Then, the waiters come around and sing you happy birthday and throw in some free cake. It's off the hook, yo!

Dear Odordeater,

Feeling that authenticity is important, I have graciously amended your post.

I remain,

Mac

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
No it doesn't; but, I did notice the theme of most those that I could think of off the top of my head were Asian.
I was thinking about the cellar room at Paris Commune too; but, so that everyone is entertained I wanted something more "happening" and not totally private.

How many people? Went to a really fun bday dinner party at Barrio Chino a few months ago. W essentially had the whole communal table in the middle. Great margaritas

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maclovin
Dear Odordeater,

Feeling that authenticity is important, I have graciously amended your post.

I remain,

Mac

Having seen your thoughtful amendment, I am grateful.

Always loyal,

OE

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I had a birthday party, I'd invite all you people mostly because I wouldn't know who else to invite aside from relatives.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
How typically ashkenazi ! We sephardics love to throw parties and pick up the tab. The more you pay, the better (as long as everyone knows you did)

How could you tell Ashkenazi from Sephardic from a few posts?

And you do have a point, we Ashkenazi are tighter with dough. Are you as flashy as the rest of my dark skin Sephardics brothers that always fight me for the tab and wear a bigger watch than me?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think you can tell ashkenazi because the sephardic wouldnt speak yiddish as they come from spain, morocco etc. and we were joking using yiddish etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads