• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best white undershirt that won't shrink

nurktwin

Reaction score
Is there a consensus on the best white undershirt to wear underneath a button down shirt to the office? Am looking for something where the neck won't get stretch or the tail of the undershirt won't shrink in the wash so it comes untucked from one's pants. Thanks!

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I expect most undershirts will shrink in the wash to some extent; if they end up too short then you should be buying ones which are longer to begin with.

Asian Afro

Reaction score
I kind of like RibbedTee's undershirts. They shrink a bit, but they are long so there's no chance of their becoming untucked.

I wear their grey V-necks under my shirts.

hyt123

Reaction score
+1 on ribbedtee but grey, not white, unless you have the complexion of dracula after a long dry spell.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alfani Stretch, hands down. They are a blend that contains a bit of spandex, so the shirt remains form fitting even after wearing it all night and waking up in it the next morning. Macy's carries them, although they have discontinued them in the past (several years ago), brought them back, and I hear they may be discontinuing them again. They retail for 19.99 for 2 - but are by the far highest quality and best undershirts I have ever owned.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite so far, by a longshot, are the ribbed Pima cotton undershirts from 2(x)ist. Not their regular line, which are ho hum. They have a long tail, haven't stretched or shrunk in over a year of regular use, and fit nice under a tailored shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics