• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to fold/wear a pocket square

Mr T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
How about a flower?

I tried a flower once but those are really hard to fold correctly.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shibori.jpg

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No need to actually bother with the folding and wearing - just photoshop it in afterwards.

Makes getting that crisp razor-edge of white PS so much easier.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
No need to actually bother with the folding and wearing - just photoshop it in afterwards.

Makes getting that crisp razor-edge of white PS so much easier.

+1 There's nothing to it:

PS-in-PS.jpg

Vihsadas

Reaction score
I prefer...the DRAGON's MANE!!

lol.

(I did this accidentally when screwing around with the three stairs. Not 2 bad akshually.)

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vihsadas
I prefer...the DRAGON's MANE!!

lol.

(I did this accidentally when screwing around with the three stairs. Not 2 bad akshually.)

that actually looks great imo. have you been able to replicate it?

Vihsadas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
that actually looks great imo. have you been able to replicate it?
Yeah I have. You start with a standard 3-stairs fold, but be sure not to press any of the folds into place. In the step where you have the quarter triangle (This is the step just after you've folded the three stairs, where you've folded the kerchief in half directly over the folds that will make the staircase) you have to manually offset the angles of the "stair folds" so that they are no longer straight. I think it's important not to crease anything here because it'll poof up a bit more for a more festive (rather than business-like look). Then holding it all in place with your hand (the hard part) You fold over the triangles as you would to finish the three stairs into a pentagon. Your finished product will definitely not be a pentagon with right angles, but with some finniciking you should be able to get some sort of offset pentago/ice cream cone type thing
tongue.gif
. I could try an post pics but I need to find a camera. :/ I use this one because I thought the three stairs was too business-like for festive events, but, I also like to use organized, deliberate folds that hide the stitching, so I'm not a big fan of the poof or the four/three points.

Corniche

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads