• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best socks for winter

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Smartwool.
worship.gif

brewmeister

Reaction score
Also check out Wigwam socks. I've been wearing their Rebel Fusion socks in my duty boots for a couple weeks now and they're great-- I'm gradually replacing all my Smartwool with them. They make a 24 hour shift go by pretty comfortably.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do love J Crew camp socks, but they aren't all that warm IMO. They are really tough and hard wearing though. Wigwam are really nice too.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barbour makes some great thick winter socks.
I am planning on picking up a few pairs from ASOS.

pokpok

Reaction score
jcrew camp socks look nice but they suck compared to smartwool mountaineering socks, very thick and soft with a lot of cushioning.

i bought a few pairs of northface hiking? socks, the thickest pair they offer. just as good as smartwool and cheaper. i found them at tjmaxx or marshalls for like 9 bux a pair.

sf2255

Reaction score
I'm partial to merino wool camp/hiking socks. You can get them for about 1/5 the price of retail on ebay.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Uniqlo Heattech socks that are super warm and comfy.

Definitely check them out (the sale ends today).

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stewbone
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...9614/19614.jsp

love these camp socks from j crew.

These socks look good but they're not warm at all, they're mostly cotton.

I have a few pairs of smartwool socks which are great but in my opinion the best wool socks I've encountered are the Kirkland wool socks they sell at Costco. At Costco a pack of 3 or 4 is around $15 which is a steal. They're identical to the smartwool socks and I've had about 12 pairs last me regular wear over 4 or 5 years. They're machine washable and awesome.

They're 4 for $25 here, Costco will be cheaper but still worth it...

http://thesocksite.com/warm-merino-w...l?currency=USD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads