• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best razor for simply shaving a moustache?

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gillette-fusion.jpg
If it's nothing extreme, why don't you just go to a grocery store and pick any razor???

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Um, yeah good luck fitting that 5 bladed monstrosity under your nose. I'd get some cheap disposable bics or a double bladed Gillette Sensor Excel if they still make em.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Are you Mennonite or a 14 year old boy?

Or do you simply not grow hair anywhere else?

Personally, I'd get a straight razor, anything else seems like a complete pain to fit under your nose. Especially the new 5 bladed pieces of ****.

Loudly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Um, yeah good luck fitting that 5 bladed monstrosity under your nose. I'd get some cheap disposable bics or a double bladed Gillette Sensor Excel if they still make em.

+1 on the twin bladed Sensor Excel. Best razor ever made in my opinion. Tough to find these days though.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loudly
+1 on the twin bladed Sensor Excel. Best razor ever made in my opinion. Tough to find these days though.

Normally when asked for advice first thing I do is point them to a double edged razor and shaving brush, but since he's only shaving/trimming his moustache, I think an Excel would do just fine.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Try to trim as much of it off with some small scissors first. Take a warm wet cloth and hold it over the stache for a few minutes to soften the hairs, Lather up and gently use a fresh disposable razor, rinsing the razor after every stroke under COLD water. Work slowly. Rinse skin after and use a drop of moistureizer lotion to ease any razor burn.
Can you imagine how ancient men shaved? I think they used clam shells of something like that.

GeorgeA80

Reaction score
Whether it's for my beard or my mustache I really like the Dovo Astrale straight razor from West Coast Shaving. I'm able to get a close cut and be more precise than when I use a disposable razor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads