• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best quality sweatshirts available online these days?

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing I am realizing with the ColumbiaKnit is how nice the big neck on it is. I've got a ocbd on under it today and it's not squishing the collar into my neck like some crewneck items I own would.

mikecch

Reaction score
Get the old BR sweats though...feedback from sufu regarding the newer Buzz sweats (they revised it both in terms of fit and fabric) is that the fabric has been somewhat downgraded.
I got a few of the old ones and they're quite nice, especially considering their pricing against other Japanese brands.

drunkmonk36

Reaction score
Can anyone who owns a Strike Gold sweat give me some advice on fit? Do they shrink much etc? - I'm thinking of ordering one online..

Are these as good as people say they are, or can anyone recommend me anything out of Japan that might be better quality?

I already own a Real McCoy's 12oz in Size LARGE and I LOVE it! So soft..

I'm 6ft1 and 85kg if that helps.

Cheers!

JDelage

Reaction score
I bought one. I like it but it's my first fancy sweat so I can't help much. I haven't washed it yet.

JDelage

Reaction score

how tall are you and what size did you go?
how's the fit?

I'm 5'10", 185Lb (84kg).

Pit-to-pit: 22.5"
Collar-to-seam (front side): 21.5"
Sh-to-cuff: 22"
Waist: 19"

That's for a Navy Medium, and it's been washed a couple times. It fits me perfectly. As I wore a nd washed it, the length has shorten a bit and the width at the chest has increased (I suspect I stretched it - I'm not sure it would have happen on someone more slender.)

Unfortunately, during the first few times I wore it I managed to bust the waist by removing it...

I'm hesitating on getting the oatmeal one, or a grey Iron Heart...

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

archival clothing sucks. 13 dollars for shipping?! seriously.

How did Americans (I'm guessing here) get so hideously spoiled?

It costs money to send things flying around the atmosphere to destinations thousands of miles away.

If $13 shipping is an obstacle -- mentally or financially -- to whatever purchase(s) you are considering, you weren't ready to buy it anyway.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LVR shipping costs are 50 euros. And people complaing for a measly 13 dollars.

apple8

Reaction score
I paid £85 for the Adam Kimmel x Carhartt Flannel Sweatshirt, it fell apart within a month, my Gymbaggs one is still going strong after 2 years

johanhej

Reaction score
Looking for a basic hoodie and been eyeing the one from real mccoy.

Seems to be sold out in the shop i located in EU. Any advice on other, similar hoodies? Don't want too short fit, as I will mainly be using it for layering with my leather jacket.

4characters

Reaction score
Looking for a basic hoodie and been eyeing the one from real mccoy.

Seems to be sold out in the shop i located in EU. Any advice on other, similar hoodies? Don't want too short fit, as I will mainly be using it for layering with my leather jacket.

Strike Gold would be my recommendation… Though real McCoy’s is also supposed to be amazing…
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/star-foot/item/sgc004/
or
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....id=842&zenid=7ce29eec08609b4a21d7f319899a91a6

Details:

AND
Almost forgot to mention.... Iron Heart's IHSW-10 sweatshirt is one of the best in the world along with strike gold…
Inside of a IHSW-10

Hear: http://www.ironheart.co.uk/cutnsewn/ihsw-10.html

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads